Friday, June 01, 2007

'Donate per view'

Wow - clearly the prospect of me getting caned is quite an incentive! I've earned 9 strokes already from your donations; if I continue to be sponsored at this rate, by the race I'll have racked up a 36 stroke hard caning.

I'm strangely conflicted. The idea is terrifying - I know that my Lords will take me absolutely at my word, and hard strokes will mean hard. But the worse the thrashing, the more impressive an amount we'll have raised for charity. Successful fundraising for a good cause - how could I not be delighted? And let's face it, my suffering will be nothing compared to the pain experienced by all the cancer victims and survivors for whom we're running on Sunday.

So far, I'm definitely feeling good about being able to give something back. Cee_Jay, Spike and Al: thankyou :)

A commenter yesterday asked how the caning will be documented. I was planning to post photos to my blog, but D suggested that we video it, and only make the video available to those who have donated. Now, this would rely on my sponsors contacting me with an email address so I can share the clip privately (hint hint!). But I like the idea of a 'donate per view' incentive. Maybe it could even be a regular feature of this blog?

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:17 PM

    eBay has a feature that lets you host a charity auction (or buy it now) that works through MissionFish. See this page for details. Essentially you would donate whatever portion of a sale that was not taken in fees and charges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:21 PM

    Addendum. According to this policy, they would probably not let you auction off videos. Apparantly sales for a "mature audience" is only available in the US (figures).

    Sorry, bad idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:23 PM

    Is shmiss, should be "are available". It's late downunder.

    OK, I'll shut up now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:05 PM

    I made my email available on the Bums on the Run donation site, so you can probably snag it off Lucy... WEG ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:14 PM

    Good luck on the run, Pandora, remember what the good book says: "greater love hath no woman than she should let her bum be whacked for a good cause". or words to that effect.

    Bob76

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:11 PM

    More power to you Pandora,I must take my hat off to you for your wonderful commitment to this worthy cause.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10:33 PM

    sounds like it's going to be quite a punishment... how about a sample clip available to all and the full whack for those thereby persauded to contribute?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous9:32 PM

    Given that I was moving (and thus internetless) while this was going on I hope you do repeat it sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks to everyone for your good wishes and donations! You've done an amazing thing, I promise :) And for those who missed out this time, there's always next year...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails