Monday, October 15, 2007

Hiatus

Hey people.

I'm very sorry I've been away so long without explanation. I really am. I should at least have posted announcing an official hiatus before now. I know that some of you have been genuinely worried by my absence, and I feel very touched by your concern - it was irresponsible to leave you hanging so long. Thanks for caring, and for checking back here. It means a lot.

Here's a brief summary of what's happened in my life since June:

Tom (that's Mr. C, my dom and long-term partner), and I took some time apart after various difficulties made our relationship unsustainable. It was intended to be a temporary break while we both sorted out heads out and made some changes, and we hoped to renegotiate whether we could restart our relationship come November.

Although Tom and I had split up, I was very lucky to have the continued love and support of my other partner, D. I leaned on D a lot during this difficult time, and our D/s relationship strengthened a great deal. However, the CP kink has always been Tom's thing more than D's (D is very kinky, but his focus tends to be a lot more on headgames than pure CP), and while I was missing Tom so much, I backed off from the spanking scene pretty much entirely. I haven't done any modelling shoots since June, and I've barely kept touch with my friends on the scene, let alone updated my blog and website. What play D. and I did enjoy during this period, I wanted to keep private. After the collapse of my D/s relationship with Tom I wasn't emotionally ready to present a public face as a submissive or a spankee.

After taking the time we needed, Tom and I are now seeing each other again on a tentative basis, although we're not officially back together. My relationship with Tom has always been fiery; he was my first Dom when I was only 19, and since then we've split up and got back together more than once. We still have some problems to work out, but we feel very strongly that we do belong together, and we're dedicated to sorting through each difficulty as it comes. We each have a temper - the classic artistic temperament - but I have faith that our compatability and our love for each other will see us through ... even if we're still squabbling when we're old and wrinkly :) Our intention is to gradually develop a D/s relationship again, alongside my continued submission to my ever-loving D. This will, however, take time. I'm not sure how much of that journey I'll be able to write about here - I intend to ask both of them before making anything public.

I'm not ready to start modelling again yet - while Tom and I are still rediscovering each other I have a strong urge to keep my kink private. Plus I'm out of practice - D. has never particularly favoured the heavy CP play that Tom and I enjoy; his preference is more for psychological and humiliation games than extended punishment scenes. My bottom is more sensitive now than it was a few months ago, and I don't want these new experiences to be constrained by having to stay unmarked for shoots. Once things are more settled, I hope to start modelling again at some point in the new year.

While things are still so tentative, I can't promise that I'll start writing here again regularly. I recently moved house, I'm very busy with a new job, and I'm travelling quite a lot over the next couple of months. But I do miss posting here, and I will try to drop in occasionally when I have something to say. However, I'm not ready to commit to a regular posting schedule yet.

So, that was my summer. How was yours?

16 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:51 PM

    Thanks for updating us, Pandora. I was worried that something might have happened to you. I hope that things work out between you and Tom, and look forward to new posts in the future.
    All the best, Ivor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the welcome back, Ivor :) I'm a little daunted by how much I've missed - I don't think I'll be able to catch up on blog reading! Hopefully I'll have some spanking stories to post with soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:54 PM

    I guess everyone sort of forgets that outside of your professional vocation within the spanking scene, that you are just another human being, with all the stuff that goes with that condition.

    So your Hiatus post here should with goodwill, end speculation and undue concern. All things come to and end eventually. I think that a lot of these blogs are a way of rationalising something that is to many irrational.

    Your posts and contributions like those of your erstwhile peers Flynn and Haze, all contain elements of your self so much deeper than the skin we have seen so much of. And in these acts of professional confessional selflessness you have doubtless inspired others, to be free with their kinks. And as long as this site remains fixed in the splogosphere, your achievements and record will be available to those that follow in your footsteps, and for those who wish to understand themselves by seeing that “they ain’t alone” in being a kinkster.

    Good luck with it luvvy, I (as will many others I imagine) still stop by every few days just on the off chance that you have some words or pictures from your memoirs.
    Crack on!

    PS: I finally found my nuts and did a shoot for Vixen ladies, just to see what the other side of the coin was like, in part I was inspired by a need to know, generated by lurking and looking. Throughout the whole day of shooting, I was thinking of yourself and others mentioned above to help me keep focused.

    PPs: it was a blast :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hurrah! Thanks for the update honey, was missing your blog (so I started my own. ;p) and pleased you are ok.

    love and (more) snogs


    Amy

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:54 PM

    I'm glad you're okay, sweetie. Sorry you've been through such a rough time emotionally. As Pat Benatar used to say, love is a battlefield. Stay low and wear a helmet and you'll get through it okay. I hope you get back into the swing of things in the spanking world. You've been sorely missed, if you'll excuse the pun.

    (((Big Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous5:19 PM

    Hey you!
    Good to see you, and find you've had a productive Summer!

    ~~good for you, Pandora. Spanks*

    xx,Will (of, "BottomsUp")

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi,

    Glad to see you back. Sorry but I thought you may have given up on blogging and I took you off my roll.
    I am taking a break myself next week, but I will put you back on the roll when I get back, with a blog merit certificate, which is a crappy 2 megapixle photo of a stupid bit of paper awarded by a non existant person, but as my mom always said it's better than a kick in the pants.

    Hope the new job is working out and things improve on the relationship front

    Welcome back to the blogsphere.

    Prefectdt

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous2:54 AM

    Good to see you back Pandora glad your ok and sorting things out i think all of have missed you

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous12:39 PM

    Great to hear from you again Pandora.....I've really missed you. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous3:59 PM

    Thanks for the update, I was wondering where you went. I hope you get things worked out to your satisfaction!
    Hugs,
    Kallisto

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous10:32 AM

    Hi Pandora,

    Glad you are back and look forward with anticipation to more posts

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous11:28 AM

    Welcome back! I'm glad you're still around :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous12:24 PM

    Its good that your back, I always look forward to any new scenes with you in. The is something is always something very special about a Pandora Blake spanking :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Have you gone away again?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous1:17 PM

    Well Pandora, I am pleased things are sorting. When you decide to get back into being filmed come to www.english-spankers.com for a warm reintroduction. We will work out something very special for you.
    Regards,
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Peter - ooh, tempting! I'd love to see you guys again. I will drop you an email :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails