Wednesday, February 20, 2008

spanking audio?

I've recently bought a posh new bit of computer kit, in the hope of taking my spanking modelling in a slightly new direction. It's a Samson USB studio condenser microphone, and I'm planning to use it to record spanking audio stories.

I have much less experience doing spoken word than performing in front of a camera. But I've enjoyed the little I have done, such as recording voiceovers for DVDs. I love the potential audio encompasses - you aren't limited by the expense of costumes and sets; like in written stories, you can let your imagination roam freely, only with the extra frisson of the narrator's voice speaking intimately in your ear. I'm going to experiment with improvising and writing a script to read from, to see which works better. I'd like to create audio recordings that have a similar feel to late-night, intimate phone conversations, the kind Tom and I would have for hours past midnight when we lived in different cities. We'd talk about our kinks, our experiences, our fantasies. I feel very unself-conscious speaking on the phone. For some reason, not being watched by the person I'm talking to allows me to express myself more freely, and I often find I'm more articulate. I don't know if that will cross over to recording - I imagine rather more thought will need to go into it! - but we'll see.

I'm always open to commissions, so if you would like to order a personally-tailored spanking auto track based on a theme or story of your choice, for your ears only, drop me an email and we'll talk about it.

The thing I'm most looking forward to, thought, is doing recordings for public release. I'd like to record a series of spanking mp3s to offer for download through this blog. My idea is for this to include a mixture of "in character" and more personal stories. So some recordings might have me telling you about a real-life spanking scenario or punishment I've received recently - or maybe one I'm currently anticipating. In others, I might tell you about one of my fantasies, or talk in character about a punishment scenario that particularly appeals to me. Some might include soundtracks of actual live spankings. (I'm sure my boyfriends will be happy to help with this part!)

And this is where you come in. What would you like to hear on a spanking-themed mp3? What fantasies or situations would you like to hear me talk about or re-enact? How long should each recording be?

I'm really excited about this; I think there's so much scope to let the imagination run riot when you aren't constrained by the cost of sets, costumes, camera equipment. The listener can construct their own visuals to match what they're hearing, imagining it looking just as they want it to look. Leaving the visuals to the imagination not only makes the scene much more flexible, for many people the suggestive, implicit nature of the material also makes it much more erotic. I'd like to just play around with my voice and my fantasies, tell you stories and talk to you about my desires as if we were lovers on the phone in the middle of the night.

If this is the kind of thing you might want to listen to, leave a comment and let me know. I'd love to hear your ideas :)

8 comments:

  1. Sounds ('sounds' isn't a pun) like a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pandora, would you be able to do a voice over for spankingblogs, so that when you arrive at the site, your sexy voice says "welcome to Pandora's blog you naughty people" or something equally as cheesey?
    Just an idea.
    Love
    Nomi and Jake

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:14 PM

    That's a nice mic, spoiled only by its digital output (it's capable of much better than the 16 bit sampling allows for). Since you are an actress, Pandora, I am sure you will be able to make some really excellent audio recordings and I think it's a splendid idea. I hope to send you a script shortly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant! I have had friends that have recorded books for the blind, just reading in their normal voice. I 'm looking forward to whatever you come up with. If you really want suggestions, school scenarios are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Roland - great! Thanks for the support, it's really great to get this much encouragement :)

    Jake and Nomi - I think that might be a bit too cheesy! Besides, as a designer I can't stand automatic sound that plays on page load. I'm probably going to stick to downloadable tracks :)

    Anon - choosing a mic was hard given I have no expertise in this area. I wanted something to give me as much versatility as possible. My first commission is actually to record to cassette tape, but I figured it would make more sense to record a digital recording to tape than spend lots of money, or have a mic that wasn't optimised for PC recording. I'm glad you like the idea and I'd be thrilled to see any script you wanted to send me :)

    Tigerbutt - I love spoken word novels! I always used to enjoy listening to them while I did housework, ironing etc - a great way of multitasking for someone like me who doesn't know how to only do one thing at once :) I'm definitely planning to include some school scenarios, thanks for the suggestion :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:12 AM

    My wife recorded a number of audio spanking stories for a project I did a couple of years ago. Most of the audience of that website were males looking for spanking pictures and videos, and the recordings never proved to be as popular as I had hoped.

    I can offer a bit of recording advice though. We also do a podcast too, so I play with audio a fair bit.

    Keep your mic away from things like a computer than has a fan running. Turn off the refridgerator and any heat or cooling that might make noise. Rugs, clothes and blankets deaden a room, a walk in closet full of clothes is a great free recording booth. Audacity is a free, easy to use, sound editor. When recording and you make a mistake, etc, drop a marker or else clap twice near the mic, it is easy to find this in an editor like audacity, and you can quickly remove any mistakes.

    Also, a few effects help a lot. I can't imagine recording the stories we did without an equalizer, compressor, and a bit of reverb. Software ones should be fine, though a hardware compressor would be good to record actual spankings, so you don't blow your levels. We had good luck with some of my wife's hypno-sex clients running a very slight mild chorus as well, this gave it a dreamy feeling.

    Good luck!
    Thebes

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely a good idea.. My Disciplinarian has recorded a couple of stories for me, I love listening to them when he isn't around..allowing images to form while hearing his voice softly close.. I'm sure lots of people would love to hear yours (and his too!).

    DG

    ReplyDelete
  8. One of my friends listens to erotic audiobooks while she jogs in the gym. Public stealth porn!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails