Wednesday, July 15, 2009

tweets of spanking

I've just discovered TwitterFox, a FireFox addon that allows you to use twitter through multiple identities. The reason I haven't had a kinky twitter account until now is that I already run a public vanilla twitter, and I didn't want to be endlessly logging in and out. TwitterFox has solved that problem with its nifty drop-down menu to select between accounts, and very happy about it I am too. I've spent the morning naughtily designing a layout for my twitter page rather than doing the work I was meant to be doing. The work I'm meant to be doing at the moment is for a new business D and I are starting, so I'm shooting myself in the foot really. And quite possibly earning myself a spanking when I see him tonight. But look! Isn't it pretty?



While adding the twitter feed to my blog sidebar, I took the opportunity to spruce up the blog design a bit. This means that all my carefully-resized images will be totally swamped by my new wide post layout on all but the tiniest screen resolutions, but no matter. Here's a nice wide screenshot to celebrate having a bit more space.

The new blog title has been simmering for a while. I'm not going to change the url of my blog, but I was never happy with "Pandora's Blog" as a name, and I think the new one expresses the right balance between submission and feminism. This blog is about kink, sex, politics and the porn industry; and however spanked and sorry I may be, no-one will ever stop me thinking and talking and speaking out on issues I care about. Neither of my Doms would ever dream of wanting to, which is one of the reasons we chose each other.

So, come and find me on twitter! And now I really should get on with some work.

10 comments:

  1. Hey Pandora,

    Love your new blog redesign and tag line.

    And if I ever start on Twitter you'll be one of the first folks I follow. But I think I've got enough distractions already.

    Just BTW, I'm talking 'bout you here: http://chross.blogt.ch/forum/read.php?2,1035,2644#msg-2644

    and here: http://chross.blogt.ch/forum/read.php?2,1035,2628#msg-2628

    Did anyone ever tell you what an intelligent girl you are? That's right, it's your mind I'm attracted to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new name!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice colour scheme, I'm thinking of something similar to that for my stairwell.

    Prefectdt

    ReplyDelete
  4. A splendid new look. But then you're a pro - I wondered why you stuck so long with the bog standard Blogger. It would look even better if you dumped the NavBar, of course.

    I once almost joined Twitter, only to discover someone else had taken the name Heresiarch. Impostor!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the new look and the "Spanked, not silenced" motto (title... tagline... whatever you call it). Good work.

    I'm afraid I won't be reading much from you on Twitter, though, and I'm certainly not going to start an account of my own there. I'm busy enough as it is, writing my own proper blog and trying to keep up with a bunch of others at least half of the time. The day doesn't have enough ours to follow every internet fad!

    In addition, the usual "Here is what I'm doing right now" approach used (and expected) on Twitter doesn't go well with my inborn, over-the-top paranoia at all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pandora
    I love the redesign and i think 'spanked not silenced is brilliantly symptomatic of you! Also like the photo casually chic.
    Looking fwd to following you on twitter.
    take care
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karl - Aw, thanks for the nice comments - and the heads up. I never have time to check what people are saying about me elsewhere; most of the time I assume people don't bother, but it's thoughtful of you to post the link.

    My brain is shmexy! It says so on the internet, it must be true.

    EJ - Thankyou! I've managed to snag the .com domain as well. Score!

    Prefectdt - It's good isn't it? Richer than a burgundy, but closer to vintage port than aubergine. The photos weren't taken in my house, unfortunately, but a friend's. She is a woman of impeccable taste.

    The Heresiarch - I guess it's like cleaners not wanting to do the housework when they get in from a shift. I spend all day doing graphic design; somehow doing it for the blog has always been easy to put off!

    I'm not sure about the navbar. I see your point, but it's useful for me to be able to login and out, and see at a glance which of my three Google accounts I'm currently using. The potential for damning misposts is endless!

    Ludwig - no apologies necessary! It's not everyone's cup of tea. We'll just talk about you lots behind your back :D

    idlethoughts - thanks, I'm glad you like it! The photos (for this and my twitter layout) are by my friend J, he's an excellent photographer. Looking forward to shooting some more material with him over the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. iwasrobert1:57 PM

    I'm a bit late to the party, but...

    I *really* like the new byline "Spanked, not silenced" -- an extremely succinct and accurate statement. One suspects that it took quite a while for you to devise it.

    Also, the new layout is great. However, I never really saw the point of Twitter.

    Anyway, cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pandora: "We'll just talk about you lots behind your back :D"

    Oh, rest at ease, talking about me behind my back is fine! I'm okay with that. My paranoia is a bit sceptical about it, of course, but my vanity loves it and that offsets the paranoia. I just don't want to leave a day-to-day "information trail" on Twitter myself, that's all.

    P.S. And did I really write up there that the day doesn't have enough "ours"? Tsk, tsk. Stupid h key stuck again...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm following your tweeting now on the twitosphere, so I'm a twerp. :)

    having mutliple twitter acounts, a vanilla one, a 'kinky' one makes me SO nervous. I mean, my company has a Twitter account, and the fine virtual line between the two, if I created " vanilla" account, well I want to keep that line as solid as possible.

    I'm kinda paranoid in terms of keeping my spanko side private.

    Your blog's lookin' fab!
    Dave

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails