an announcement
Everything is up in the air right now. The political uncertainty of the moment is shared with everyone in the UK - although I'm less impatient than some about the current negotiations. Consensus politics always takes time, and I definitely prefer discussion and compromise to the hasty actions of an over-powerful single-party government. I'm quietly hopeful about the prospect of electoral reform, and if we get there it'll be worth the wait.
So I'm less upset than some about the fact that we still don't have a government. My personal uncertainty is affecting me far more.
The uncertainty is this. Tom and I are about to move in together. He's starting a new business with a couple of friends, and I'm helping them out. We've been talking about it for over six months, looking at different options at different ends of the country. Finally we've settled on a place on the south coast. It's really exciting, in a whole heap of different ways - new business! New town! Living with one of my partners for the first time! But it's also kind of scary, because things have moved very fast in the last few weeks and if things had gone to plan we'd have left by now.
The original plan was to go away on a working holiday today, come back in a couple of weeks, and then immediately move into our new home. So we were aiming to get everything packed and ready to move before we left. Our plans have had to be rejiggled at the last minute, though, due to some bureaucratic issues at the other end. I'm hoping we'll still get our time away, but there's some tedious legal stuff to sort out first. I still don't know exactly when we're leaving yet - hopefully this week.
In the meantime, I have a few more days to pack, which is good as after the election period (I was closely involved with a couple of campaigns) I am bloody knackered.
I'm currently boxing and bagging two years' worth of stuff. The last two years have been incredibly valuable. When I moved into this flat in 2008 it was the first time I'd ever lived on my own - and if all goes well, I won't live alone again for the foreseeable future, which is a scary kind of prospect. It's been brilliant. I've cherished my independence, setting my own hours, keeping my own house. In a way, I'll miss it. But throughout this period of my life I've also yearned to share my space with the ones I love, and the time has definitely come to move forward to the next stage.
D and I, of course, are staying together - we've done the long-distance thing before. I love him very very much, I hope to be his sub for many years to come, and I intend to do everything I can to keep our relationship strong throughout this change. I'll be coming back to London lots anyway for work, and he and I will remain business partners. I'm actually looking forward to being able to visit him for long romantic weekends; lately our time together has consisted of one of us arriving at the other's place after 10pm, both of us exhausted. It'll be nice to be able to have proper, unhurried date time again, and I don't mind being half-and-half between two towns for a bit. In any case, I have no intention to end my dalliance with Penny. I imagine I'll be back in London regularly.
Once we've managed to escape I'll be offline for a couple of weeks - then things will be busy with the move. I'll try and check in when I can, but I probably won't be back to my normal routine until the start of June. If I'm not around much in the next few weeks, that's why.
So that's my news. It's not as definite as I'd hoped, given the complications this week. But I'm excited about all of it - the new house is going to be far more suitable for filming in than my current flat, so I'm looking forward to getting stuck into work on my site this summer, once we've settled in.
I'm especially looking forward to moving in with Tom, and having the chance to create a shared home and explore our kink at a more leisurely, domestic pace. Our domestic discipline relationship has been more or less on hold the last few years, and I think we'd both like to pick that up again once we're living together. We're hoping that the change in circumstance will improve his health, which should feed back into our sex life. And it'll be so much easier to find time to play in our busy lives once we're sharing a house. I hear that some spankees who live with their partners get spanked every day. Every day! I suspect it might be exactly what my insomnia needs. I'm looking forward to finding out :)





Congratulations, Pandora! I get the feeling this is going to be the start of a wonderful new era for you. My wife and I understand how it is to have a break in the domestic discipline relationship and to get a fresh start. I have no doubt you will enjoy daily spankings when those phases happen.
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to updates as to how things are going!
Best Regards,
Franklin
Congrats, lovely! I'm so excited for you all. :)
ReplyDeleteI'm sure it's going to be brilliant! I have found though, that living with my spanking partner hasn't always resulted in more spanking. It's very easy to feel like "oh, there's no hurry, we have all the time in the world, let's just watch TV" and then you look up and weeks have gone by and you've forgotten to play. :)
However, I know that you're nowhere near as lazy as I am so I doubt it will be a problem!
That's wonderful news, congratulations! I hope everything goes as planned from now on.
ReplyDeleteHow fun on your holiday!
That really does sound exciting! You're right though, that is a huge move. In your position I would be absolutely terrified. Having lived with my boyfriend for two years I will give you one piece of advice, don't compromise more initially because you don't want to seem 'irritating' it only means that in the future you'll be told you're 'inconsistent' and that you're nagging.Oh, and it means that you'll have to do absolutely everything!
ReplyDeleteBeyond that stern and depressing advice (which living exactly like that I feel compelled to give). Congratulations! It really does sound like a whole host of fantastic opportunites for you.
Congratulations! I hope that it will all work out for you. And I hope that moving house will not be too much of a nightmare.
ReplyDeletePandora, it sounds like your life is entering an exciting new chapter. We'll miss you!
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy for you both! I echo everyone's congratulations and wishes of luck. And look forward to hearing the tales of your new domestic routine : )
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the move and all the life changes. It all sounds very exciting.
ReplyDeletePrefectdt
P.S. Don't forget to butter Fatface's paws when you move.
I hope it works out for you, and for Tom. I'm quite an admirer of his in one of his other capacities, which I came across long before I discovered his link to you. It's a surprisingly small world we inhabit, sometimes.
ReplyDeleteYou mention your involvement in election campaigns. Without, I hope, alluding to things I shouldn't can I just say that I hope you keep up the politics even when you leave London.
That’s great news, Pandora, I wish Tom and you all the luck in the world! And I hope you’ll find a good modus operandi for your long-distance relationship with D. Hopefully Tom’s health is really going to be improved by the change in circumstance.
ReplyDeleteWell, and concerning the regularity of spankings – DAILY, really??? Wow! I think that would be a little bit too much for me. But weekly spankings would be very great indeed. Unfortunately, that’s something I can only dream of, living in a long-distance relationship. So, I’m of course curious to hear about the changes on that field, once you’re living together...
Political uncertainty? Serious? I thought that the Tories and the Liberal Democrats were remarkably quick so far. Do you know how long such coalition negotiations often take here in Germany?
ReplyDeleteAbout Tom and you moving in together, that is great news. You seem to be very happy and excited about it, and I hope that the reality turns out just like you two want it to be. Best wishes from me as well.
I just wanted to let you know your blogs intrigued me, hope you don't mind me following you. =]
ReplyDeleteFranklin - Thankyou! So far it's suiting us both pretty well, although the amount of work there is to do (on the new house and Tom's new business) is incredible. But being able to take time during the day for a cuddle is so utterly lovely - even when he's at work! His new place of work is downstairs in the same building as our new residence, so he can pop upstairs during the day for a break, and it feels like such a treat to be able to share our working days in that way.
ReplyDeleteCaroline - I hear you on expectation, and of all people I do understand the consequences of a busy life. But our previous situation was very spanking-unfriendly indeed, between long hours, travelling on public transport to see each other, and not enough space or privacy - this place is definitely going to make regular play easier for both of us, even after the real life factor!
Also, there's always group playdates and shoots to get our interest up again - we're quite good at constructing high-energy occasions to punctuate daily life, so even if we don't play regularly in the normal course of things, I'm sure there will be special events to keep us going :)
Irelynn - everything as planned? Bwahahaha! Thanks though :)
Lilly - Guessing you're talking about housework - I'm kind of primed to expect drama in this area by my female friends who have lived with male partner, although it's a bit complicated for us by our differing health and work situations. We're talking about it though, which is the main thing. I certainly don't intend to end up doing everything! For one thing, I have a domestic service kink, and nothing will stop me from enjoying in-role housework faster than out-of-role housework stresses. Which is, I think, a clear motivation for both of us to try and keep things fair!
Karl - thankyou!
Graham - We'll probably get to SEE you before we can settle into anything as stable as a routine! We're still very much at the unpacking and getting ourselves sorted stage ... and although I get to rest now, poor Tom hasn't had a break since before the move. But neither of us is in a hurry. We will totally get there eventually, and when we do I'll be sure to write about it :)
Prefectdt - Thankyou! Fatface has taken to her new home with aplomb. She's totally unused to having this much space to roam :)
Heresiarch - Isn't the blogosphere weird and incestuous? I'm pleased to hear you like his work. I do too :)
I certainly intend to maintain my involvement in politics, although perhaps not at the same level - it's a bit trickier for me to get to Westminster in a hurry, now. And I may well find my attention claimed by local politics to some extent. But no, I'm not going to suddenly drop off the map :)
Kaelah - Thanks ever so much for the good wishes! So far we've been in housemove-mode, and since then Tom's not had a break yet. Once he's had the chance for a bit of time off I think things might shift, but we're still at the stage of putting energy into the new house of business - I think more regular spankings will come once our hard work starts paying off.
Ludwig - Exactly, hence why I said I wasn't impatient! :P
KittyKay - Not at all! You arrived just as I went on hiatus, but I hope you enjoy the blog going forward :)