Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Cane for Life photos

Sunday was a crazy, busy, dramatic day.

The most important business was the Cane for Life. (We'd all but started the previous day, including me spending quite a long time waiting for the caning and getting myself into the right headspace to accept it, when D. realised that his camera battery was dead. Ho hum. He plugged it in to charge overnight and reconvened the following day. I'm a model, not a filmmaker, but I really didn't expect to face this many difficulties trying to film a single caning!)

I'm not sure that I'd say the logistics of filming it were harder than the caning itself, however. I was right to spend some time working myself up to it - it was hard. But in the end, there was no point waiting any longer. Afterwards, even though I was sore, I felt a real sense of achievement. I was certainly very glad that it was over!





Unfortunately, I didn't get long to enjoy the afterglow, as I had to deal with another very significant and upsetting event. I'm not sure how much I'll be posting to this blog over the next few weeks, but I'll try to get online now and again.

Before I disappear, however, I have a video to post of the entire caning, which I just need to edit. As soon as I've managed this (I'm having a bit of difficulty with the software) I'll post it online for all to see, free of charge, as a thankyou for being so patient during this unexpectedly difficult month.

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:13 PM

    Whatever life is throwing at you, you have tested your strength and resolve often enough to know you can deal with it.

    See you on the other side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:14 PM

    I hope your difficulties fade, Pandora, and thank you for these these wonderful pics

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michael - thankyou. Ironically I might end up posting more now than I did before, but I might not, and I don't want to put myself under any pressure by making commitments :) If all my readers get bored and wander off it would be a shame - it's a wonder that you've put up with me being this dilatory already!

    Bob - thankyou, I'm very glad you like them :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:51 PM

    Hi Pandora, thanks for the great photos and I'm glad you "enjoyed" the caning....i'm sure it was worth the wait ! I hope you are feeling happier soon and that you continue to post on a regular basis - your blog is superb and it's always exciting to hear from you. Take care !

    ReplyDelete
  5. MarkF: thanks for your generous donation to the cause! I enjoyed the caning ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:49 PM

    "it's a wonder that you've put up with me being this dilatory already!"

    Hmm, well offhand I can think of four good reasons to put up with you. All in this post.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous12:36 PM

    Thanks for the pictures: well worth the wait ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous3:02 AM

    I just found your site from Adeles link. Thanks for the gratuitous photos. I really enjoy your blog. I hope whatever you are dealing with is over with soon so you can get back in the saddle (whether or not you can sit on it).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails