Tuesday, July 24, 2007

DVD releases



I recently saw the sleeve design for my first ever feature-length CP film :) Thomas Cameron and I filmed this last September with Roué Productions, and it's due for release soon in America. (Yes, I've emailled them to point out the typo.) Hopefully it'll become available in the UK as well, but I guess it's dependent on what happens with the new legislation.

Modelling is a slow-winded business in general - it's quite normal to wait months between shooting and seeing the final product online. Although of course it varies between sites - some shoot further in advance than others. It is strange, though, that of the five DVDs I've filmed this year, only one of them is available, and the other four will be in production for months yet. (There's a full filmography in my Spankingart Wiki article.) The four films awaiting release (including the Roue DVD shown above) are the work I'm proudest of in my career so far. The stories are very close to my heart, and I was involved in the writing of all of them. It's in full-length movies that I've been most able to explore the complex depths of my fantasies. I'm impatient to show them to the world :)

11 comments:

  1. Can I ask if you've written to your MP about the law, to explain how it would affect your livelihood? It's worth doing - my MP hadn't even *heard* about that part of the Criminal Justice Bill til I wrote to him. It's going into the committee stage soon, which is where it's most vulnerable to interference - hopefully an amendment could be put forward to exclude images produced by consenting actors from the scope of the law.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pandora, I'm just letting you know that I emailed you on Saturday in case your spam filter picked it up.

    If you need me to resend it, just drop me a line. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:46 PM

    You'd think that they'd pick up on a typo like that, sheesh!

    Mind you, it's pretty easy to miss things when you look at your own work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:06 PM

    Sounds like a good DVD - well worth "staring" at!

    Interesting comment on the proposed "Dangerous Pictures Act", since the silence from most spankoes seems to indicate that they believe that the definition of "extreme pornography" won't cover spanking stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It covers anything that 'appears to cause serious harm'; its original intention was to ban anything involving asphyxiation or strangling, even fake strangling. It's not clear how far 'serious harm' goes, but they may use the same threshold as GBH, which could ban any images resulting in any sort of marking.

    It's worth writing, whatever you're into. Just a note that says 'I don't think extreme images should be banned, please either vote against the proposed law or table an amendment to it, reply pls' is enough to let them know that their voters have issue with it. (If you ask for a reply they're required to provide one.)

    [sorry for waxing political there.]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:25 PM

    Hmmm, the text of the bill as published, quoting from memory, refers to injury threatening life or serious injury to breasts, genitals or anus.

    On the face of it, that doesn't seem to include spanking, and I suspect, from the lack of discussion in spanking circles, that this accounts for a (perhaps misguided) complacency among spankoes. There's certainly a lot that's wrong in detail with the bill, as well as the big issue of principle: the state's arrogation to itself of the right to "control" what citizens watch or to demand that they "justify" their choice of erotica.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous1:55 PM

    In Australia all unusual (even a little unusual) adult content is refused classification. Even the X rated stuff can only be sold in territories regulated by the federal government -- the states won't let them be sold in their jurisdictions.

    Frankly I'm not even sure that spanking content could even be produced in Australia; it certainly can't be sold, imported, or hosted on an Australian server.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thene - no, not yet. I know, I need to. I don't think much of the material I produce would actually be illegal under the new legislation, but if film companies are shying away from UK releases out of fear, then that is an issue that needs addressing.

    Suze - no, I didn't get your email, but I don't have a spam filter so I'm not sure what happened. Please do resend it!

    iwasrobert - You'd think so, wouldn't you? I really really hope it gets fixed before the release.

    Anon - as I say above, I don't think much spanking material will be affected. The latest draft r But people are getting nervous about it anyway, and I'm worried that the UK industry will all but close down for fear of the law.

    The threshold no longer requires "serious, disabling injury"; instead it's limited to certain body parts:


    (6) An “extreme image” is an image of any of the following—
    (a) an act which threatens or appears to threaten a person’s life,
    (b) an act which results in or appears to result (or be likely to result) in serious injury to a person’s anus, breasts or genitals,
    (c) an act which involves or appears to involve sexual interference with a human corpse,
    (d) a person performing or appearing to perform an act of intercourse or oral sex with an animal,
    where (in each case) any such act, person or animal depicted in the image is or appears to be real.

    So that includes a large amount of bondage, knifeplay, and other bdsm activities. Presumably the buttocks aren't included, just the anal orifice, but it looks like breast caning/whipping is going to become a very close issue indeed. Who defines "serious injury"?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous7:07 AM

    I think they're trying to outlaw much of Michael Winner's film history there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous1:40 PM

    I think there is a fair amount of concern in the community - if you go to informedconsent.co.uk you'll find hundreds of posts discussing the definitions, debating how best to fight it, etc, and there's also the Backlash campaign. As I (sketchily) recall, the judgment in the murder case which started all this didn't stand up on appeal, and this probably has a lot to do with the watering down of the definition. But the problem is going to be that whether or not a safe conviction can be obtained according to the letter of the law, the risk of investigation will in itself be a massive deterrent to producers and consumers - and anything even a little suspicious on your hard drive is a massive hostage to fortune if anyone (vicious ex, malicious pupil, someone involved in a car accident with you, whatever) were ever to make any kind of complaint about you to the police.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous8:49 AM

    http://spankingart.wikia.com is no more, try:
    http://spankingart.org/wiki/Pandora_blake

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails