Wednesday, July 09, 2008

recommended reading

I've discovered several excellent new blogs lately, which I feel are deserving of love and attention. Please take the time to read a few posts and leave a comment saying hello. When you're just starting out a little interaction from your readers makes it all so much easier.

Spanking Photography
Jason Oak's new blog devoted to his own (you guessed it) spanking photography. He'll be updating it regularly, with some images you might recognise as well as some new ones. Jay's a prolific blogger, running more than one personal spanking blog primarily devoted to fiction, and he used to write for Lowewood Academy. This is the first blog dedicated to his photography, and I like the setup of it, with the focus on single images rather than image galleries, and a few choice sentences accompanying each one to set the scene of the fantasy.

Proper Spanking Stories
Tongue-in-cheek, dark, edgy, hot as hell spanking stories set in fictional American midwestern town, Proper. Writer Pallidbust is much better at starting stories than finishing them, but his chapters stand alone, and I always love being treated to his new flights of imagination. These range from social satire to modern-day mythology, from playful spankings to the nasty, methodological abuse of unfortunate young ladies. They're highly readable and they push my buttons. Go, leave comments so he'll write more.

Let Them Eat Pro-SM Feminist Safe Spaces
I've been following this group blog for a while, but for some reason I've never linked it here. Positive feminist writing about BDSM, D/s, and discipline. A welcome pick-me-up for any kinky feminist suffering from self-doubt, with some interesting links and lots of food for thought. Even if you're secure in your reconciliation of your sexuality and your politics, it's worth contributing to the discussion. It would be a shame if the only people bothering to talk about kink and feminism were the ones who thought they were incompatible.

Kink 101
Speaking of which, I recently enjoyed this article by Kit Roskelly. Kit's regular blog is specifically about gender politics, but ze is at least as kinky as I am, and it's great to see a mainstream feminist blog like The F Word finally making space for this issue. I suspect nothing in the article is news to those of us in the know, but kudos to Kit for taking the time to speak out publically to educate others.

1 comment:

  1. You.Are.Awesome.

    So, it turns out I DO like being flattered. Thank you very much for the PR and lovely description of my humble tales of spanked tails and high adventure. I'm not overjoyed that you mentioned my evil competition, but one must accept and enjoy the free market. Sigh. Stupid universal freedom of expression. Damn you, John Locke!!

    Oh, by the way, I AM going to finish each and every one of my stories, I'll have you know, lassie. Is that how "lassie" is spelled? I don't mean the TV dog, I mean the cute form of "lass". Sorry, my minds all wonky because my fool of a shrink had the audacity to call me neurotic and Type A. Bastard. I was so mad I almost didn't straiten his tie.

    So, anyway, you are super-double-plus awesome and lovely, and I'm happy you got worked over for your birthday. I hope you have a hundred more. Hmmm.. I imagine birthday spankings start to get pretty tough around 90, but there's only one way to find out, right?

    PB

    P.S. I'm posting chapter two of my beloved "Reform" saga (a COMPLETED work). Hope you like it, or at least have the good manners to lie.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails