checking in before I check out
It feels like everyone has taken a break from blogging lately. I've been hard pressed to keep up with posting myself: lots of different deadlines have converged this month, so not only have I been working flat-out at the office, but I've had hours of work to do every evening on other - more interesting, but no less demanding - projects.
Next week I'm filming my third film with Roué, which in some ways is also the first that counts: it begins an ongoing period drama, featuring Edwardian debutantes, political intrigue and intensive discipline. The previous two films I've shot with them were both prequels, in different ways, and they have been saved up so that all three can be released together. This new film is also the first I've ever produced for someone else, and man, if I ever said production wasn't hard work, you had every right to laugh yourselves hoarse. This one has been in the pipeline for over a year, and while I feel like I could have done much more, it's been a long and eventful road.
Still, it all seems to be coming together, and I'm excited: the plot is fun, the location is amazing, we have custom-made period costumes and I get to work not only with my wonderful Dom, but with the luscious Adele Haze. I find it hard to believe that I've never actually worked with Adele, and am very much looking forward to it.
As if that wasn't enough, tomorrow morning I'm flying out to see the lovely folks at SM Circus again, to help out with the live stage show at BoundCon. I've never done a live BDSM performance before - informal playing in public doesn't really count. Right now I feel like all I want to do is sleep, but I know I'll have a blast once I'm there. I've never been to an international fetish convention either, and I'm really looking forward to dressing up, indulging my exhibitionist streak, and hanging out with my German and Bavarian friends.
I never did write the second half of my post about the SM Circus shoot, about the Russian Roulette and the bullwhip. (I still intend to, although it might be a bit redundant after BoundCon.) In the meantime, here's a clip from the shoot which Director Sands uploaded to SpankingTube last week. It's called "Morning Post":
Pandora Blake is our newest petgirl in the SM Circus. Unfortunately she has not yet learned how to bring the Director his newspaper. That calls for a lesson - both with the newspaper and, naturally, once again the bull whip is used. As always masterfully wielded by the Gladiator from Hell. I hope you enjoy this small glimpse into our circus life.
(Translated by Google, so please forgive any errors!)





This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThat bull whipping looked amazing, how did it feel?
ReplyDeleteIt really got me going "I Want! I Want! I Want!" (well at least to try it). I have wasted so much time, in search engines, looking for a pro Domme who does this, since you posted that clip. I found two within reasonable distance but neither of looked like they have the level of skill that that guy has. The search continues.
Prefectdt
Prefectdt - I'll be honest; it was less hard than it looks. The whip was a very thin one, so the lightest flick raised a weal or cut. With thicker whips you can properly wallop someone and raise massive bruised weals (which is my WANT after seeing it at Boundcon, on which more later!). I'm not an expert at all, but I think the thinner ones used with the same force would just flay you.
ReplyDeleteI'll go into more detail when I finally get round to writing my post on the second half of this shoot, but basically the whip was incredible subtle. A hair's breadth closer and it would lay open a bloody stripe. A hair's breadth less close and it didn't hit me at all (which actually happened with some of the strokes in the video). Because it was my first time with the bullwhip and they wanted a nice long scene, most of the strokes were barely-there light - enough to cause a sting, but not enough to break the skin. A few of them - maybe 18? - did break the skin, as you can see in the video. The difference was minute and probably down to me moving more than anything else!
We were being very careful that day, because it was my first experience, but I am very hungry for more. I want to travel back when I have no shoots booked for a while and get a proper whipping. Preferably with a nice thick whip that'll leave me covered in bruises rather than blood :)
Oh, and interestingly, I've never heard of a female bullwhip artists. All the ones I've seen in action have been male. Which might explain why you're having trouble, although it's a real shame if you can't find anyone :(
ReplyDeleteIt was the general atmosphere of the scene that fascinated me, the sound especially, rather than the intensity of the play.
ReplyDeleteThe two Dommes that I found did use the whip to properly wallop their subs, which seems like a kind of play that has it's own merits and I might like to try one day. But one element of play that is particularly important to myself is the trust bond, having a high level of trust in the person behind you and them being able to trust you to do as you are told and hold position etc. The kind of play in that clip, seemed to me, to be the best example of this form of bonding that I have ever seen and this is what is holding my attention.
I'm going to keep on searching :)
Prefectdt
Prefectdt - It's kind of strange that this clip should evidence that sort of trust, as I'd only just met Simon - but he is clearly a very experienced player and I did feel safe with him, so yeah, I guess you're right. It just hadn't occurred to me to describe our connection that way. (Holding your own position and trying not to flinch is HARD. I would much rather be tied up! Preferably against some sort of whipping post...)
ReplyDeleteBest of luck with your search!