Friday, May 22, 2009

lost causes

We're halfway through the Edwardian shoot, and are heading out shortly for the second long day of filming. Yesterday was fabulous. I was nervous as all hell - about whether everything would go wrong, about acting for fiddly, real camera shots rather than one-take immersive roleplay scenes, about not being able to swap headspace from producer to actor and finding myself unable to take any real punishment. But it was fine! More than that, it was fun! And we finished on time and did everything we'd written down and the costumes turned out brilliantly and it was hot, hot, hot.

Today I get to disrupt a class, get spanked by Adele (writing scenes for my friends that I've been fantasising about for years? Whatever do you mean), cry a lot, and have a Sunday Reckoning. We filmed the BBFC-safe version of the final caning yesterday morning, but we'll be filming the scene again for international release and we can be self-indulgent with proper strokes and everything. I'll be even tireder by then, but I wouldn't miss it for the world.

Roué very kindly let me have a couple of preview shots:



10 comments:

  1. Oh, this looks fun, can't wait to see it! Love the costumes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. iwasrobert2:18 PM

    BBFC version? Really - or is that a joke?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my god, I'm so excited to see this! Thanks so much for the photos, I know what I'll be fantasizing about for the forseeable future...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:54 PM

    ooh! pretty pretty pretty!

    ...I'm tired and that's all I got : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hurrah! for Roue getting you involved. They know a good thing when they see it. Nice script and costumes. I am glad it was fun. Sod the BBFC but then again, Pandora Blake for sale in HMV, now there is a thought!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zugzwang5:40 AM

    Pandora AND Adele? I have GOT to see this video!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful costumes...can't wait to see the underwear!

    ReplyDelete
  8. costumes are awesome......I am glad to see your post...

    shopping cart

    ReplyDelete
  9. EmmaJane - yay, I'm glad other people are interested! I've been wondering if this was JUST pure self-indulgence or whether anyone else would want to watch it :)

    iwasrobert - Not a joke, but not my film, either: David has got several CP films passed with the BBFC in recent years, and we're editing a "safe" version of this one using facial reaction shots and non-explicit camera angles to try and get classified, as retailling unclassified films in Britain is getting increasingly difficult. I believe that Dave has experience knowing how to play the censors, but I also don't care particularly; the film I wrote, and which I am invested in, is the one being edited for international release, welts and all!

    Caroline: OMG, I'm glad you like the look fo it! We might even have a rough cut to show you when you're in town! I don't know but I know Roué are keen to get it ready in time for some adult video awards this summer, so I'm hoping to get to see it soon! (Until then I will just twitch with impatience. And plot the next film...)

    Graham: that's more than enough to make me grin, babe :) (You haven't SEEN pretty until you've watched Adele being thrashed mercilessly in Edwardian school uniform by your very own Dom. Oh MY. I am still a bit melted from that.)

    Jake - as I say above, the BBFC isn't really my concern, I'm more interested in being able to focus properly on the CP, and anyway I don't think I want to be rich and famous (although a big budget to make some of the kinky films and TV shows I have in my head would be nice!) I'm hoping other people like the final product and it wasn't purely for my own enjoyment! Although I have to say, I did enjoy myself rather a lot :)

    Zugzwang - I know, I've only been trying to work with her for what, three years now? After repeated frustrations such as visa issues with the Pain4Fem shoot last year, we've finally got there - and I don't mind telling you, I had an indecent amount of fun :)

    Valdor - Thankyou - I think the bloomers are visible in the photos that Adele posted here!

    ReplyDelete
  10. john smith - Thanks for the nice comments, but I'd appreciate if you didn't linkspam here in future - cheers.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails