Love our Lurkers IV
I've only just realised today is the fourth annual Love Our Lurkers day. I missed Bonnie's email while I was away, and have only just seen it. Close call!
Love Our Lurkers is a concept Bonnie (of the justly famous My Bottom Smarts) came up with three years ago. Today is the day when you - all you out there reading this - are invited to step up and say hello.
Maybe you don't comment because the little spanking-blog-universe seems very cliquey, full of people who know each other. This is in one sense true. But most - if not all - of those people were, at one point, like you: reading, wondering, thinking, too shy or busy or unsure what to say to participate in the conversation. The wonderful thing about this little universe is that while it's a community, it's not an exclusive one. It's not elitist. You don't have to be pretty to take part, or have a model body, or be young, or have loads of play experience. As long as you're interested in That Thing We Do, and have your own thoughts and ideas and fantasies, there's a place for you here, and there's a place for your opinions.
This started out as a professional, spanking-model industry blog. It's turned into as personal a blog as my private diary. Some of my dearest friends have been made through this little universe. So don't be shy. Don't feel you have nothing of worth to say. Don't feel that you aren't one of the cool kids (I've always been an awkward geeky kid, at any rate).
Bloggers are often an insecure, shy bunch, you know. It's much easier spilling your heart to a computer screen than to a crowd of real people. Getting feedback from readers - making real connections - is what motivates every blogger, and many of the people who started out making the odd comment on one blog or other are now fully-fledged, popular bloggers in their own right. And when you're talking spanking, posting that first comment can be more than a simple de-lurk: it can be the first step in coming out to other people, to starting to seek out what you've always wanted. Reading is great, but it's even better to talk.
So hey there. Good to meet you. How was your day?





Pandora, I'm sure I've commented here before, but still I'll take this opportunity to say another hello, and say how much I enjoy your writing and your sharing. I find your blog fun and intelligent. Thanks for letting us all share in your exciting life.
ReplyDeleteLately you've posted some really good pictures. I like the one of you in the phone booth and the one of you with your feet over your head looking like bunny ears.
Pandora ... yours was one of the first blogs i ever came across and I was instantly (and remain) impressed by the high quality of your writing and the intelligence of your observations ... you go gal, tell it how its is ... Bottoms Up! ... RH
ReplyDeleteI'm not exactly a lurker, but I don't comment here as regularly as the content warrants. In fact, the especially interesting posts often give me quite a lot to think about, and then the moment for comments has passed. Thanks for both the thoughtfulness and grace of your writing.
ReplyDeleteI think I am a legitimate lurker here. I never comment but I love your writing. Happy Love Our Lurkers Day. Thank you for allowing us to learn more about spanking through your eyes. CD
ReplyDeleteI might have replied to this kind of "lurker love" thing before, but just to be sure: I faithfully follow your blog in my rss reader. You're a very special woman, pandora!
ReplyDeleteThis is a great blog, keep up the good work Pandora :)!
ReplyDeleteCheers
Chross
Pandora
ReplyDeleteHi, i do occasionally comment on your blog and can only endorse what others have said, you write interesting and thought-provoking blogs often connecting up things that have happened to you to wider issues.
Yours is the first blog i read each morning. Take care.
Paul
not a lurker, but wishing you a Happy LOL IV nonetheless!
ReplyDeleteI'm also not a lurker, but I really don't comment half as much as I should given how thoughtful and insightful your posts are.
ReplyDeleteI have the highest regard for blogs that contain original content. Whether that be the artists own photos, art etc. Your blog not only contains excellent commentary on real world adventures but fantastic photos.
ReplyDeleteThat's not easy to pull off & you do it well.
Cheers!
Nici
I've been lurking for a while now, and I must say you are in my top three blogs that I read. The stocking story had myself and all of my kinky friends grinning ear to ear.
ReplyDeleteI just got back online after my modem died, so I missed the day but happy LOL day + 1 :)
ReplyDeletePrefectdt
Hello Pandora,
ReplyDeleteIt was your blog that opened my eyes to a world I'be been curious about nearly three years ago now so I'd like to say thank you for writing so honestly and in doing so helping me understand myself.
I'd also like to take this opportunity to say *yay* after 19 months together my vanilla boyfriend has actually tried 'That Thing we Do' and decided he really likes it. A long way to go yet but a giant leap in the best direction.
Thank you,
Lilly
hello again - not for the first time but I guess I probably qualify as a lurker. (I wonder how it's defined. High ratio of visits to visibility, or low visibility in an absolute sense? Do I become more of a lurker each time I read your blog and don't leave a comment?) Actually I think I fall into the category of lurker-turned-occasional-poster-turned-blogger-turned-occasional-poster-turned-lurker. I do keep thinking of things I might write if I tried to breathe life back into my more or less stillborn blog but even when I really mean to it never quite seems to get to the top of my priority list, what with the 5 jobs, neglected friends, glaring tax return etc. That you obviously have all these things too and still manage to write so regularly, thoughtfully and entertainingly is a fantastic achievement and one for which we are all grateful!
ReplyDeleteJon
Happy Love Our Lurkers day.
ReplyDeleteHaving commented many times, I don't qualify as a lurker myself. Well, perhaps a little bit, since I visit a lot more often than I comment. My time for other people's blogs has been severely limited ever since starting my own, but I always try to keep an eye on what you are doing. "Spanked, not Silenced" is one of the three or four blogs I read most regularly.
Hooray for awkward geeky kids!
A kindred spirit,
Ludwig
First became aware of you on the “bums on the run” charity event video, I was on the other side of the planet at the time so good old Internet for keeping in touch with the London scene, I then spotted you on several very entertaining excellent NSI videos and then found your blog. I do feel a little guilty lurking as your regular posts have been entertaining yet not given anything back! I do hope you feel appreciated for keeping the blog going.
ReplyDeleteHello. Delurking. I like your blog.
ReplyDeleteOh dear, I've just left a variation of my usual Love Our Lurkers peroration on Devlins page and suddenly I have a fresh point of view courtesy of your esteemed self.
ReplyDeleteOh well. live and learn.
Hi Pandora!
ReplyDeleteI love the blog, it's definately a favourite of mine- the photos are amazing, and your observations are just so intelligently put...
Thanks for the chance to de-lurk :)
xx
Pandora - All the nice things that were said on Love the Lurkers Day yesterday are just as true today. Your blog is a great pleasure to read and highly perceptive. Peter
ReplyDeleteHi Pandora,
ReplyDeleteI'm not a lurker, but I do love your blog. Thank you for being a part of our Love Our Lurkers Day celebration!
Hugs,
Bonnie
That's an especially nice Love Our Lurkers post. I missed the day put stuck one up today anyway. I'm so so glad you have a blog, and that I started commenting on it, and can now call you my friend.
ReplyDeleteYour blog has always been one of my favourites. You're so bright and literary and funny and open. And when I first considered modeling, your blog was the one I scoured to pieces for information.
Love you!
o/
ReplyDeleteHello to you Pandora. I guess you could say that I lurk...or skulk...like a vaguely sad mist that almost, yet never quite, manages to become rain. So since you were so nice in asking I thought I would comment.
ReplyDeleteYou're fantastic, as is your work and musings on your blog. Since poor lickle me doesn't have the opportunity to be involved in any real spanking I have to be limited to imagination and creative writing.
So it's great to read about experiences of others such as your good self and it's very nice of you to put in the effort of telling it. So thanks for that and I think that I may well comment on more things from now on.
Not a lurker either, but wanted to say hi. As I've said to you many times before, your blog is quite wonderful.
ReplyDeleteWaves from Japan!
Dear Pandora,
ReplyDeleteOccasionally Imanaged to send you something ay Pandora'sot, but here are comments. First for a woman's size, bear inmind that Marilyn Monroe was a size 16 and the infamous white panties in the blowing skirt scene were size 7.Some I am glad to hear you reaffirming that a woman's size has nothing to do with her attractiveness or desirability!
Anyone, the brain is the primary sexual organ for both men and women though men often have trouble because of insufficient blood to operwte simultaneously both brain and penis.
I appreciated your comments also on men having consistent problems with boundaries!
And I should like to see a photo or two of your well switched bottom(!) as well as have you report for a spanking sometime without any underwear on beneath your skirt!
Best regards....should I say very warm (red hot?) regards to your baeutiful bare bottom, and the lovely brain of its owner!
Bircher
Dear Pandora...
ReplyDeleteAnd also (part II of II?), the most arousing nude I can think of is the famous 'Maja Nude' of Goya's (the Duchess of Alba seems to have been a hot chick)...who obviously was a woman to fill your arms properly...and cradle adequately between her thighs.
Come to think of it, there are distinct resemblances between her body and yours!
Fondest Regards,
Bircher