Monday, November 01, 2010

Calligraphy, cross-dressing and correction

Here's a treat to kick off November. This "fragment" by Casey Morgan, Georgie/George may be a tantalisingly short story, but it has everything. Country houses, public schoolboys, simmering bisexual tension, private tutors, unruly young aristocrats, calligraphy lessons, girls dressed as boys...

“She can’t write?”

“Not that one can decipher.”

Delahay’s face assumed the expression of a professional who knew his work: “In short, she is intelligent but undisciplined.”

“Quite.”

Delahay’s gaze drifted to the fire. “It does sound a desperate case,” he said. “Unfortunately, I am a tutor of boys.”

One thing I love about this story is that although it has all the tension of an unequal power dynamic, the relationship - and therefore the punishment - is made explicitly consensual. It's hard to get that right, particularly when the story isn't about an adult erotic relationship.

It's a spanking story, so of course it also contains some corporal punishment. But I loved the restraint with which it was described. The hottest images of all are evoked rather than shown in the ending, which arrives far too soon, but some of the turns of phrase along the way push my buttons as unerringly as if it had been written for me.

“Sorry!”

“Pardon?”

“I said sorry!” she bellowed, wriggling uselessly.

“Perhaps I’ll be able to hear you once you demonstrate proficiency with our first lesson,” he said, concentrating now on the tops of her thighs. She struggled—with his arm and with her pride. It carried on painfully, until she lost to the former and defeated the latter.

“Sorry, sir!”

Click here to read the full story. And thankyou Casey for such a deliciously hot read!

6 comments:

  1. Pandora,
    I'm so enormously flattered, not only to read such a detailed and carefully observed review, but to be mentioned on your wonderful blog. It's always a bit of a mystery why people respond to stories (or not). Thank you for shining your light on this one. It makes me happy that you and others have enjoyed it, especially as I felt so dissatisfied with it when I posted it. This post really perked up my day!
    xo
    Casey

    ReplyDelete
  2. simon2:40 PM

    a very good read yet again thankyou.love simon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Casey - I'm a bit ashamed to admit it, but this is actually the first of your stories I've sat down and read. I now know to go and look at the others next time I want something tasty to read online - I'll let you know which I get on with!

    Simon - glad you enjoyed it, but thank Casey, not me! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Humiliation is the abasement of pride, which creates mortification or leads to a state of being humbled or reduced to lowliness or submission Or Humiliation is when you are put down and feel hurt because you deem being put down as a violation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love verbal humiliation. Being told I have a small cock (which I have) is so hot for me. My Girlfriend tells me it is my fault she has to have a lover because I have a small cock, and I am useless in bed and I could never satisfy her, gets me going every time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Humiliation is not something we have ever been interested in. My wife and I have a great deal of respect and admiration for each other. If my wife was to really focus on humiliation and belittling I know she would lose that respect and that would be the end of our marriage.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails