Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Both Cheeks



Here's another audio piece for you, a kinky fairytale with a twist in the tail. It's by Jim, the writer who penned Towards Forgiveness and Halloween Switchery, and has kindly given me permission to share our collaborations on my blog. This is a bit longer than the other audio pieces I've posted so far and I think it's rather fun. Hope you like it.

Both Cheeks (10:06)
(Click to play or download)

15 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:37 PM

    Anyone who wrote 'haughty courtiers' in a script needs...to think again. You did very well with it, was that the 1st take?
    TC

    ReplyDelete
  2. I assumed it was deliberate assonance!

    Second take - first one I realised after I'd finished it that the mic was back to front and it sounded really tinny - d'oh!

    It was fun. I like doing silly voices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:23 PM

    Such a well educated young woman, putting the apostrophe in 'd'oh1' Homer would be baffled.
    TC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:22 PM

    Pandora:

    A lovely piece. Your kind and gentle executioner reminded me of a scene in the 1931 film "Der Kongress tanzt". Lilian Harvey is sentenced to 20 strokes to be given immediately and is taken into the punishment room. The executioner there gently removes her hat and ties her to the flogging bench. All in such a perversely kind way.

    He goes to the wall and selects a cane and (out of camera view) folds up her skirt.

    Regrettably, Lilian is saved at the last moment. It is after all a romantic film. But the concept of the gentle executioner has remained one of my own themes.

    You read the piece beautifully. Nice twist at the end.

    /Max

    ReplyDelete
  5. TC Gosh, I didn't realise "d'oh" originated in Homeric Greek. ;)

    Max - Thankyou! I particularly enjoyed the gentle executioner aspect of this. Hooray for unlikely 'love' interests!

    That clip sounds delicious - thanks for the recommendation. I'll look it up sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fascinating to hear your voice, Pandora - I have been reading your blog for several years but only now (having got a new computer)heard you! You read it very well, too!

    Ernest

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chevaliersg2:03 AM

    Bravise!

    You have a captivating, almost hypnotic voice, my child. Makes one wish to hear more!

    P.S. Why the carrots? Just wondering, I collect strange customs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Photino8:08 PM

    You have a beautiful speaking voice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweetsong10:43 PM

    Excellent stories excellently read, Pandora. I've heard worse stories and worse reading on Radio 4; you should send them a demo tape! :-)

    Sweetsong

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweetsong10:50 PM

    PS I love the way your very 'posh girls' school' accent is spiced with the occasional Northern vowel; it's rather like a Victoria sponge with a few jalapeno peppers thrown in!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ernest - you mean you've never watched any of my videos? I'm hurt! :P

    Chevaliersg - thankyou! I don't know what the carrots are for. Consolation prize, at a guess, but perhaps Jim will be able to enlighten us - I'll ask :)

    Photino - thankyou, it's lovely of you to say so.

    Sweetsong - mwahahahaha! Best. Simile. Ever :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. That was SERIOUSLY cute. I love the gatekeeper being sent on his way "with a bag of carrots."

    Grand job - loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pandora - fair point! To be honest I so far have got videos as DVDs in shops rather than online - what am I likely to see of yours in the Janus shop? Also, is purchasing online really secure - I am a bit nervous about that!

    I must say I should love to see you do a scene properly - I know you have worked for English Boarding School and for Pain4Fem, both of which producers I have been able to buy DVDs of - only one in the case of the latter!

    Ernest

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sweetsong11:56 PM

    OMG the Goddess Pandora liked my comment! You've made my day, P, and I'm now feeling like a teenager who's just been paid a compliment by the most beautiful girl in the school! ;-)

    Sweets x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pandora, of course when you said "I'm hurt!" I should have said "Yes, I thought that was the idea!" ... but you did deserve a serious reply as well as a frivolous one!

    And I do know exactly how Sweetsong feels! Doesn't take much to cheer us up, does it!

    Ernest

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails