feminist spanking porn - redux
I just wanted to say thankyou to Adele and Niki for taking up the thread of my post on how feminist politics can be reconciled with creating M/f spanking porn. Each of them has a thought-provoking perspective on the issue which is well worth reading if you haven't already. I've particularly got a lot out of reading the comments, which have been fascinating and insightful, and I'm really pleased that so many people have contributed to the discussion :)
Unfortunately all my attempts to join in with the conversations on either Adele's or Niki's blog have been thwarted by an overactive spam filter blocking all my comments¹. I'm hoping this can be remedied, but in the meantime, be assured that I am reading and engaging with everything that's being said! It's frustrating not being able to participate, but I shall see it as a much-needed exercise in patience. Hopefully I'll be able to respond to everyone's thoughtful replies soon - and if not, trust me that it wasn't through lack of interest. Perhaps I'll save up my replies and post them here instead, but I'm wary of letting this thread take over my blog entirely...
1. Obviously, as a feminist I am convinced that this is all the fault of the patriarchy. My voice as a woman is being silenced! Help, help, I'm being repressed! Look at the violence inherent in the system! Etc.





I fished your comment out of my spam filter, so you do exist on my blog!
ReplyDeleteDamnit, just as I was building up a good ranty head of steam about being voiceless ... ;)
ReplyDeleteSorry for the email spam, but the way. I wish there was an easy way of fixing the spam filter problem ... for someone as opinionated as me it's torture not to be able to loudly voice my opinions whenever I see something interesting!! Damn you and Adele for always being so thought-provoking :)
*hugs*
On behalf of my moody spam filter, I sincerely apologise. If it makes you feel any better, Niki's filter doesn't like me either. *sigh*
ReplyDeleteI have heard - because OF COURSE I never look at such things myself - that seriously brutal BDSM websites like Training of O and the like ALWAYS feature a scene of the top and the bottom hugging, chatting and 'recovering' afterwards to make sure the audience realise it's all totally consensual and the girl's actually into it, too.
ReplyDeleteApparently.
** twiddles thumbs innocently. **
I have been following the debate on all three blogs with deep interest but have not commented on any. The reason for this is that I cannot seem to comment on this subject without going off into a rant about how many male bottoms/subs are treated on the F/m side of the industry (see I cannot even explain why I won,t comment without wondering off on that tangent) which even I do not want to invade this debate.
ReplyDeleteWhat I am trying to say is that, even though I am not contributing to the debate, I am very interested in the subject and I would like to say thank you for raising it to the surface.
Prefectdt
Comment on feminism? I know better than that, I had five sisters. I'd sooner walk barefoot through a box of rattlesnakes! Like Prefectdt, I have been following the debate with interest, though.
ReplyDeletePandora- some months ago you mentioned that Roue would be releasing a DVD you made on Roue's new US website. Any idea what has happened with Roue - the new site never opened?
ReplyDeletePrefectdt--I'd be very interested in what you have to say about the F/M business.
ReplyDeleteAnd Tigerbutt, glad your sisters trained you so well! :-)
Seriously, sorry my back-and-forth with Ludwig pretty much had an underlying M/F assumption. I did that to keep is as simple as possible, and I didn't mean to exclude other styles. A discussion of gender politics in F/M porn would raise interesting, but different questions.
Indiana, I posted a rant about it Sunday 3rd Feb, I don't want to rant on other peoples blogs.
ReplyDeletePrefectdt
I saw this and thought of you:
ReplyDeleteWhipping therapy cures depression and suicide crises
The effect is astounding: a patient starts seeing only bright colors in the surrounding world
Russian scientists from the city of Novosibirsk, Siberia, made a sensational report at the international conference devoted to new methods of treatment and rehabilitation in narcology. The report was called "Methods of painful impact to treat addictive behavior."
Siberian scientists believe that addiction to alcohol and narcotics, as well as depression, suicidal thoughts and psychosomatic diseases occur when an individual loses his or her interest in life. The absence of the will to live is caused with decreasing production of endorphins - the substance, which is known as the hormone of happiness. If a depressed individual receives a physical punishment, whipping that is, it will stir up endorphin receptors, activate the "production of happiness" and eventually remove depressive feelings.
Russian scientists recommend the following course of the whipping therapy: 30 sessions of 60 whips on the buttocks in every procedure. A group of drug addicts volunteered to test the new method of treatment: the results can be described as good and excellent.
Doctor of Biological Sciences, Sergei Speransky, is a very well known figure in Novosibirsk. The doctor became one of the authors of the shocking whipping therapy. The professor used the self-flagellation method to cure his own depression; he also recovered from two heart attacks with the help of physical tortures too.
"The whipping therapy becomes much more efficient when a patients receives the punishment from a person of the opposite sex. The effect is astounding: the patient starts seeing only bright colors in the surrounding world, the heartache disappears, although it will take a certain time for the buttocks to heal, of course," Sergei Speransky told the Izvestia newspaper.
The whipping therapy has not become a new discovery in the history of medicine. Tibetan monks widely used it for medical purposes too. Soviet specialists used a special method of torturing therapy at mental hospitals. They made injections of brimstone and peach oil mixture to inspire mentally unbalanced patience with a will to live. A patient would suffer from horrible pain in the body after such an injection, but he or she would change their attitude to life for the better afterwards.
"People might probably think of me as a masochist," Dr. Speransky said. "But I can assure you that I am not a classic masochist at all," he added.
The revolutionary method may take the Russian healthcare to a whole new level. The method is cheap and highly efficient, as its authors assure. Why not using something more efficient, a rack, for example?
Roland - it's not just Kink.com! I've produced similar interviews at the end of a day's shooting with companies like Firm Hand, Spanking Online and English Spankers. Of course, because you're speaking in film you are still in role, a little bit, but that's more about presentation and persona than the facts of the matter. I might put on a big smile for the camera, but I would never lie and say I'd enjoyed a shoot when I hadn't, and I'd find it difficult to respect any model who did.
ReplyDeleteSpankedHortic - I've read your rant with interest. You're right - there's a shocking imbalance in the expectations of men and women in the sex industry, and male subs do seem to get the worst of the deal. (Mind you, I know a lot of sites who don't or can't pay their male tops either). I wish I knew what the answer was. I can't help but refer it back to my original point though - I have no desire to speak for the men who model under such conditions, and I don't want to try and theorise about their motivations and desires. I would find it really rewarding to read some first-hand writing about the experiences of male submissive or dominant CP models, the kind of treatment they receive, whether they're paid and if not, how they feel about that.
Of course, detailled revelations about particular companies doesn't seem to be kosher in the blog scene - a fact I've lamented after my own bad shoot experiences. I've thought for a while about setting up a private forum or mailing list for sub/switch CP models to talk candidly about their experiences with particular companies, out of the public eye where we can be truthful without fear of the companies seeking revenge. It would do a world of good for model safety and general standards, and it would make new models aware of what they shouldn't have to put up with. The problem is how you'd authenticate entry to stop film producers or fans listening in on what was said. It's something I've been turning over in my mind for a while, though... and it would certainly help promote dialogue with male submissive models!
some months ago you mentioned that Roue would be releasing a DVD you made on Roue's new US website. Any idea what has happened with Roue - the new site never opened?
ReplyDeleteI'm not sure. I met with Roue recently and both DVDs I've filmed with them are definitely intended for release, but it does seem to be taking a while. I'm afraid I can't answer for them in terms of timescales, but I can tell you that I'm making a third one with them - I believe that all the plans for the US site and DVD release are still underway, delays notwithstanding.
Roland - did the article make you think of me because I posted it myself not too long ago? ;)
The models only forum sounds like a good idea, even as only a consumer I feel better about buying when I think that you lot can talk to each other and warn each other about "the bad guys".
ReplyDeleteIn the blog world there are only two models who play the small "m" on screen, that I know of. One is of course Tom of Punished butts, who unfortunately writes very little of his own experience in the industry. The other is a very new blog so I do not think I could say what he is going to tell us about yet, the address is http://wellspankedman.com
Prefectdt