You know you're a spanking model when ...
... your anxiety dreams take place on spanking shoots. Seriously, this is the first time this has happened to me. I'm a champion worrier, and am fairly used to anxiety dreams and the various motifs my subconscious latches on to helpfully inform me that I'm fretting about something (no, really, I hadn't noticed). But spanking shoots are a new one.
In my dream I was shooting for Northern Spanking, and we were getting ready to do the first film of the day. It was a huge shoot and the crew and models had split up into lots of little groups to get more films shot at the same time - I was with Lucy and three young, blond male spanking models. One of them was a RL friend (who is into spanking, but has never got involved with it professionally), one was a camp little primadonna who wasn't based on anyone I know, and the other was - wait for it - my (entirely vanilla) little brother.
In the dream, we were running late and Lucy was stressed and I was guilty - and I didn't realise until just before we were meant to start filming that I was meant to be topping. The scene was a school one, with all three boys in school uniform and me leading a punishment assembly in which they were all, one by one, brought up to the front and spanked. I have very little experience at topping and I completely freaked out. I couldn't do it. Lucy had to swap places with me and play the role herself, while I mooched about being miserable and feeling like a complete failure.
After mulling on it, I decided that it was only acting and I was jolly well going to go through with it, so I changed my mind and took over from poor Lucy, who was fairly unimpressed with me by this point. I handled the verbals okay, but when it came to the spanking I was completely rubbish. You know those dreams where you're trying to run from something, but you can't, it's like you're running through treacle or water and everything's in slow motion and you can't get away? It was like that. I couldn't bring my hand down with any force at all - it was like swinging it through mud. My smacks were useless and the boys were rolling their eyes at each other impatiently while they waited for me to get the hang of it. I was trying harder and harder to spank them, the panic rising, but I could barely manage to touch their bottoms. My arm was being resisted by the very air itself.
It kind of makes sense that I should have a performance-anxiety dream about topping; it's like dreams about taking your driving test when you can't drive, or playing a solo on an instrument you don't know how to play. Those kinds of dreams tend to focus on a skill which is inside your worldview, but not one you have any personal expertise in.
But the weirdest thing about it was that there was still quite a lot of spanking in the dream, which I was mostly watching other people do, and despite everything I still found the spanking erotic. The arousal clashed with the anxiety until my headspace was all conflicted and messy. I woke up feeling fretful and confused ... and irrationally guilty about involving my brother in such sordid activities, even if it was only in a dream.
I don't know what you think, but the meaning of this dream is pretty clear to me: I need a spanking. Best anxiety relief I know, and it should also settle any remaining confusion about whether I'm designed to be a spanker or a spankee!





Dear Pandora,
ReplyDeleteI'm no spanking model, but I've had that same type of dream--I'm trying to spank someone, but it's like swinging my arm underwater. There's resistance all the way, and by the time my hand reaches the spankees bottom, it must land with all the force of a feather.
I've no idea what it means, but it's certainly an annoying feeling!
Dr. Ken
Different types of dreams but it is easy to recognize the ones that are saying "your getting pain slutty".
ReplyDeleteI am glad I have never had a dream involving a female blood relative, that must take some sorting out in your head.
Prefectdt
This must be to do with our kinky subconscious, or something, as I’ve had a very similar dream on several occasions. You have someone over your knee, but can’t spank them properly because your arm feels almost paralysed.
ReplyDeleteI’ve also had dreams in which I encountered two very well known spanking models, but in totally vanilla situations. Now that was frustrating!
I can't relate to your dream as I have never had one like it - plenty of running through treacle trying to escape some awful beast however - but I just wonder whether part of your dream was to tell you that your little brother (how ever old he is) may kjust not be as vanila as you may think! Have you ever discussed your kink with him? Does he know what you do? Just a thought..
ReplyDeletelol
ReplyDeletethis reminds me of a dream i've had once, where i was trying to punch someones face and i just couldn't hurt him, which was what i wanted most in this situation...sounds bad...well i guess it's agressions that i don't show in real life so i let out my anger in dreams.
still i'm submissive^^
Mmmm... We likes the idea of Pandora topping cute blond schoolboys, Preciousss...
ReplyDeleteI totally sympathise with you. I have anxiety dreams about spanking shoots too. Before my first Lupus shoot I had several dreams of sitting around a huge table reading through the script with everyone and I couldn't do anything right. I couldn't even say the lines in English. It was like I'd forgotten how to read. I kept thinking, "You hired me to be caned, not to speak!"
I've never had a top-anxiety dream, but I have plenty of vanilla modelling ones. Ones where the photographer has lots of coded words for what he wants me to do or ones where I'm supposed to be dancing, but I've forgotten how. The usual stuff, I guess.
I wonder what the correlation is between spankees and nerves? Are we all "young ladies of nervous dispositions"?
At least being a spanking model you probably don't get the classic anxiety dream about appearing in front of people without any clothes on...
ReplyDeleteWow. I hate dreams that make me anxious but I've never had them about a shoot before, and I am the Queen of Nightmares, in that I have them nearly every night.
ReplyDeleteI do rather like the scene though. *meanders off to find three cute blonde boys to spank*
Dr Ken - yes, that's exactly it! Surprising that mainly tops have had this dream. I wonder what the spankee equivalent would be?
ReplyDeletePrefectdt - yeah, it was definitely the most disconcerting aspect of the dream when I stopped and thought about it. I wasn't unduly worried though. Dreams have a habit of springing this kind of thing on you; there's no point feeling guilty about something you can't control!
Steve - interesting that it seems to be a common theme in the spanker experience. I wonder why I had it, then? Maybe the Sandman had intended it for D. (whom I was sleeping next to) but there was a mixup ...
Winchester - my brother knows what I do :) He accepts it, but he finds it a bit weird and uncomfortable. H I'm sure he and his partner have their fair share of of kinky games, but I'm fairly sure spanking isn't one of them!
emeraldstrawberry - thanks for your comment, it's good to meet you!
This one didn't feel like venting aggression I wouldn't let out in real life. For a start, if it was trying to do that it failed rather badly! I think it was straightforward anxiety; having to do something I care about and was unable to do well. I'm a perfectionist, I guess.
Niki - I have to admit that the only slight hints of switchiness that I've glimpsed in myself so far have been about topping boys rather than girls. I don't normally fancy boys, you see: I like men, authority figures. Girls are a whole different story altogether, but I'm more interested in subbing to them than topping them. I have had a couple of naughty thoughts lately revolving around the firm young bottoms of good-looking naughty boys. It's all far too embryonic to act on it yet but ... when I start my own spanking site (which obviously will hire cute young male actors and pay them a decent wage) I might well volunteer to top them one time to see if I like it! I suspect I'm a toppy sub at best, doing it to please a sub partner. But who knows? Spanked boys are certainly aesthetically appealing ...
I wonder what the correlation is between spankees and nerves? Are we all "young ladies of nervous dispositions"?
Good question! I don't think we all are, but there's certainly a trend. It makes sense: we lack the ability or confidence to fairly discipline ourselves (in the sense of giving ourselves a reasonable amount of remorse and forgiveness) so we rely on someone we trust to do it for us. And spanking is very therapeutic! Not surprising that stressed or anxious people are drawn to it...
Jon - no, I have to say, as far as I remember I never had! Exposure isn't something I'm scared of, really; failure is. I have lots of pride, but no shame. :)
Lucy - oh, yes, please do make that spanking movie! Never fear, I won't ruin it by attempting to top in it :)