in memoriam

I love the subtler, more implicit end of CP photography. Atmospheric shots with emotional impact, anticipating an event rather than revealing it. Telling a story of tension, anxiety, ambiguity.
This shot has a pleasing mystery to it. Is the girl carrying the cane for her own punishment, or someone else's? Will she be administering the caning? Will she be forced to watch - and will it be her turn next? Does she know what to expect, or is this her first encounter with the implement? Is she walking into the shadows, towards fear and pain - or is she walking out of them, towards redemption and forgiveness?
The photographer I was working with on this shoot was Dave - or Focus3 - a lovely gent whom I first met working with Miss Bainbridge to create an office punishment photoset. Dave wasn't a spanking afficionado, but he had an aesthetic appreciation for the emotionality and powerful imagery of our kink, and was keen to explore it more. This was the only shot he sent me of a whole day we spent shooting together, and he was excited about returning to the theme and reworking it, searching for an image that perfectly captured the tension he had in mind.
Sadly - and wholly unexpectedly - Dave passed suddenly away last year. I never saw the rest of the photos, and I doubt I ever will. He was a talented photographer and a true gentleman. His open-mindedness, geniality and vision will be sadly missed.
But I'm glad I have this image, to remember him by.





When I saw this photograph, before I read the post, the first reaction was that "I want to see more like this" Simple, suggestive and thought provoking, with an artistic feel to it. There is nothing wrong with the standard "stills from the video shoot" photos but there is a real lack of well thought out spanking art photography like we see from other areas of the BDSM kink world.
ReplyDeleteThe death of this photographer is a loss to the world, it is a shame that he did not have a chance to explore this theme in more depth.
Prefectdt
I thought I posted a response yesterday - but there is no sign of it and you do not have a blog moderation sign - so I will try again. It may be somewhere in the ether!
ReplyDeleteThe photograph is great - because it asks all the questions you have cited (and others) but does not try to impose any answers. That surely is one of the purposes of all great art - it provokes thought and encourages response of the viewer, listener, reader...
THank you for sharing with us a photo which is evidently precious to you.