Sugasm #141 and Porn Saints
The best of this week’s blogs by the bloggers who blog them. Highlighting the top 3 posts as chosen by Sugasm participants. Want in Sugasm #142? Submit a link to your best post of the week using this form. Participants, repost the link list within a week and you’re all set.
This Week’s Picks
Comedy vs. Tragedy
“Are you on your period? What? Did he just say…”
Ian, or, Sometimes Sex is Hilarious
“In short, it isn’t sex blogger sex.”
A Wish
“I wish that you could know the indescribable pleasure of being enfolded in your warm, gentle wetness.”
Mr. Sugasm Himself
Sugar Bank
Editor’s Choice
Road Rage
More Sugasm
Join the Sugasm
See also: Fleshbot’s Sex Blog Roundup each Tuesday and Friday.
Tara Tainton courtesy of Porn Saints
I really love the image accompanying this week's Sugasm. It's from Porn Saints, a site of digital art, transforming images from explicit photo sets into art that references sacred imagery. Anyone can contribute an image, and I'm considering sending one in myself. I thought that some recent photos of Amelia-Jane Rutherford, for example, would be good candidates...
Actually the whole "porn saint" concept reminds me of a rather sweet reader email I got a while ago. In response to a photo I posted from an English Spankers shoot:
"Dear Pandora,
You're so beautiful in this photo!
It’s as though you've come straight out of a Raphael painting: your angelic expression is like that of a saint (or a madonna! not the singer).
Ask your friends, see if they don’t agree!
Hardly an appropriate comparison, might some say... ? Never... I’m sure you have the purest of hearts!"
I think I could live with being a PornSaint. At least I'd be in excellent company ... In fact I can't decide whether I'd rather be a PornSaint artist, or model for an artwork myself.
Then again, who says I have to choose? My philosophy is: embrace the power of and :)





The internet is a great tool so thank you Pandora for linking to art sites that would interest us. I think that some of the images of Amelia Jane Rutherford would be fantastic. I had a look at the preview of Restrained Elegence the other day and I think that could be some of Amelia's finest work, have you seen it?
ReplyDeleteI have had a look at Restrained Elegance, but only at the preview images as I don't have a membership. The photography does seem very beautiful. In fact, isn't most of Restrained Elegance shot by Amelia's boyfriend, or am I misremembering? I like that the site contains bondage art as well.
ReplyDeleteThe photography is so beautiful that I've considered applying to be a model for them, but the sad truth is that I'm a bit of a rubbish bondage model. I love being tied up in private, but for some reason I can't stand it professionally. It's too intimate; I'm only comfortable letting a lover or partner tie me up, not a professional. Which is weird when bondage isn't really a huge part of my kink, and spanking is. The human brain is strange and unpredictable :)
Speaking of blogs has anyone else noticed that Leia Wood's blog has been taken down. I have a suspicion as to why this is, though could well be wide of the mark. Anyone know anything for sure? Like Pandora for example?
ReplyDeletePaul - yes, she's taken her blog down for reasons relating to recent events, but she says it's only a temporary absence and she will be back online when things die down :)
ReplyDeleteI guessed that it was 'recent events' that had been the cause. I recognised her pic even though the face was erased. I sent her an email to her hotmail address with a word of encouragement, and hope that lots of others do the same. I hope she's getting lots of support from her mates like yourself as well.
ReplyDelete