unlikely spam
Normally I'm quite good at telling the difference between spam and real correspondence just from the subject lines. Recently, though, a few have surprised me:
Sender: Gremler Kendrix
Subject: "At the third strokee..." - time for a new voice
(Until I clicked through and realised that this was spam, for a moment there I thought someone was emailling me suggesting I should be the voice for a spanko speaking clock. Now there's an idea.)
Sender: Beatme Whipme
Subject: Swimsuits Solved at Lands' End
(The subject seems to be spam, but the sender gave me pause... I should have trusted the subject.)
Sender: Robert Sexton
Subject: Bondage - please read (September 19, 2008)
(Nothing about bondage in the actual email, disappointingly.)
Those spambots really do know me far too well.





Hello, I like your blog. If you like we could exchange links betwen our blogs.
ReplyDeleteLet me know!!!
Best Regards.
Your spambots seem to know you a lot better than mine do me. I keep getting ones for Viagra and penis growth oil. Last time I checked, I was not in need of either of these fine products.
ReplyDeletePixie - oh, I get those as well, but my spam filter tends to hide them away before I have the chance to be confused or offended :) The amusing ones are the ones that slip though...
ReplyDelete