Wednesday, October 22, 2008

the bare necessities

When the credit crunch first started to make the news, I felt myself to be fairly isolated from it - as a self-employed person I wasn't at risk of losing my job, I'm not a homeowner, and I don't have a fortune invested in stocks or shares. I said to D. at the time that I could imagine it affecting my career as an artist, but not as a model. After all, original paintings are a luxury that people might not stretch to during a recession - but porn is a necessity. There will always be a market for porn.

Well, it looks like America agrees with me. And I might have got a job, but I'm certainly still shooting.

On which note, don't worry if I'm somewhat absent at the moment. I'm run off my feet trying to keep up with modelling, the new job, art projects and everything else all at once. I'm barely spending any time at home and I can't blog here from the office. But I'll try to check in whenever I can.

2 comments:

  1. Keep up the good work. Don't blog from work its not safe to do! If you get caught you have to explain yourself and then judgmental persons slap a label on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No fear! I'm not going to be blogging from work, although I do have a personal login on my work laptop, so it's not impossible I might be able to take it out of the office at lunchtimes and write entries. I'm only aiming to post a couple of times a week for the time being, which I should hopefully be able to manage in evenings and weekends despite my full love life :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails