undignified spanking self-portraits
This morning Eliane raised the subject of taking photos of stripes in work toilets. As far as I am concerned, this practice is entirely a good thing if it results in the tantalising glimpse she posted of her rather delicious marks. It is also something of which I have a certain amount of experience.
I have never been able to get the hang of self-bottom-portraits without a mirror. However I position myself, camera angled over shoulder or lying on the bed, the best I can hope for is this:
... And even that with a ridiculously low success rate resulting in dozens of blurry pictures of my bedroom wall. So, mirrors it is. I'm a bit lacking in full-length mirrors at home, and my flat is so tiny that the reflections tend to be dominated by all my stuff rather than my vain self. At one point my mirror was at the top of the stairs, which enabled me to send D. photo messages such as this one:
But since it also carried the risk of the mirror falling down the stairs and killing me, it didn't stay there long.
This reliance on mirrors has obvious consequences on the question of sneaking photos of the results of last nights' play in the work toilets. At my current workplace, the cubicles do not contain mirrors, but there are full-length mirrors by the sinks. I am not above waiting until no-one else is in the loos and recklessly flashing the place to sneak a photo in the mirror. No-one's caught me at it yet...
(Results of my first session with Zoe Montana, hastily snapped in the work loos - the eagle-eyed will detect the sink and taps in the background)
At my previous workplace, the toilets were somewhat more private; each little room containing a single loo, sink, and mirror. You could lock the door and take photos without fear of disturbance. However, the mirrors were not full-length - in order to frame one's striped bottom perfectly for a shot, one was obliged to clamber up on the sideboard, one foot on either side of the sink, and balance precariously while trying to get the camera angle right (an experience familiar from my first glamour shoot - clearly I've gained no dignity since then):
Of course, ideally I'd always wait until I had a willing companion to help photograph my marks, but sometimes when you're sitting uncomfortably in the office, head whirling with the previous days' memories, there's nothing for it but a quick-n-dirty self-portrait. Or is that just me? Spankees, switches, shameless exhibitionists - Have you succumbed to the temptation of sneaking pics in the work loos? If not, what are the most amusing lengths you've ever gone to to snap a memento of your play?





Ha, yes, the one I tweeted was about the 25th I took! Not an easy thing to do.
ReplyDeleteTaking pictures of oneself is alway difficult, but my latest technique is with a MacBook and an iPhone.
ReplyDeleteThere is a handy app for the iPhone that can remote control the built in webcam on the MacBook. You get a big screen facing forwards to compose yourself in and after clicking the shutter a 3 second pause before it takes the picture, so you can face away if you want. Instant review on the Mac and easy blogging of the result.
The iPhone app is called DoIt.
You may get odd looks taking a laptop into toilet cubicle ...
Fred
Eliane - I'm glad it's not just me! I'm impressed you managed as well as you did without a mirror though - when I try, even if the camera's pointing the right way, it's never far away enough, and usually comes out dark and blurry...
ReplyDeleteStill, better that than risk someone walking in on you pants-down I guess ;)
Fred - Aha, cunning! Sadly I have neither an iPhone nor a Mac, and you're right that the usefulness of this technique would be limited in work-loos situations. Still, isn't technology wonderful?
What's wrong with taking a laptop into a loo?
ReplyDeleteThe best I've ever been able to do is to (a) focus my camera on a chair and set the timer; then (b) hope I put my bottom in the right spot; and (c) repeat until I get something that can at least be cropped into a real picture.
You limber people seem to have more options!
Why all this stuff about mirrors? Can't you just use a tripod and your camera's time-delay button?
ReplyDeleteBeautiful pics. And there's something about a girl wanting to do this that is very, very hot.
ReplyDeleteIndy - nothing, but if you were in a public workplace toilet I imagine you'd get some funny looks!
ReplyDeleteSounds like all the means of photographing oneself involve a lot of trial and error. I'm definitely in favour of getting a kinky friend to do it whenever I can :)
ADC - a lot of people don't have professional camera equipment. I only have a camera phone for taking stills. No time delay that I've found, and a bit hard to stick on a tripod! Plus, I imagine taking a stills camera and tripod into the loos at work would get you even more funny looks than a laptop...
EricG - I'm glad you think so! It's lovely when marks are at that squirmy, "delicious reminder" stage rather than the deep bruising/body tiredness that can be so unpleasant after a heavy session. I do love me my visible marks though. It's sad I don't mark so easily, but I guess that session with Zoe proves that all I need is a few quiet months to regain my markability!