Spanking360 and male submission
I was intrigued to read on the Cherry Red Report about Audrey Knight's newest spanking project, Spanking360. Bravely, Audrey intends to take a similar approach to the one that I'm working on for my own site - combining F/m, F/f, M/f and (some) M/m under a single umbrella, with carefully calibrated browsing options so that people only see the content they're interested in. Audrey writes,
I don’t see much male bottoming on major sites, and always wanted to see a little more. To make sure I keep a good balance of genres, I ran a poll on my blog, asking viewers to choose their top two favorite kinds of spankings (F/F, F/M, etc.) I found that F/F was tied with F/M, to my surprise, with M/F spanking popularity trailing behind, and a 5% vote for M/M spankings.
I know that many male tops are offended by seing male bottoms, so I’ve devised a system to separate the male bottoming section from the female bottoming section — and will include a tiny bit of non-gay M/M spanking there, too.
I thought I was the only producer considering such a step, so it's exciting and reassuring to me that Audrey agrees that the current norm of total segregation between femsub and malesub content is unnecessary - and thinks that the market will back her up. Here's a clip from her first M/m shoot:
I'm not sure what either of these models are called, but presumably we'll find out when the site goes live.
Seeing as I'm a big old queer who loves perving over two hot blokes together, I'm a little disappointed by the big "non-gay" disclaimers plastered all over the discussions of any M/m content - but I assume that this arises not from any prejudice on Audrey's part, but a simple recognition that some people are still uncomfortable with the idea of seeing two men together in a sexual way. As it happens, I think there's space for a lot more non-sexual M/m spanking content - the only quality material is currently found on gay sites, and so there's a gap in the market for restrained, formal, realistic punishment scenarios between, say, prefect/fag, headteacher/schoolboy, employer/boss or any of those other staples of femsub spanking porn which have no overt sexual interaction. But I wouldn't say no to seeing a little sexy stuff between the boys thrown in as well - and I suspect a lot of women and queer men will agree with me!
In the meantime, I'm excited by the promise of F/m content with a focus on D/s and loving domestic discipline as well as straight punishment:
The tone of this clip has a lot of potential, but I was very disappointed not to see Stefan's face once during the whole trailer. How are we meant to connect to him if we can't see his expression or look into his eyes? I'd have liked to see a little more reaction from Stefan as well, especially during the severe spankings - although we do get a tantalising glimpse of him kicking while OTK.
Of course, Spanking360 also promises loads of more traditional F/f and M/f content, and the list of models on their preview page is already impressive (although sadly excludes the male models featured in the above clips). Quibbles aside, I wish Audrey and her team every success. The more sites like this are prepared to buck the trend and include quality malesub content alongside scenes featuring female spankees, the healthier this industry will be.





for me it has to be female to female spanking when dressed as cheerleaders so nice.love simon.
ReplyDeleteOnly cheerleaders? That must limit what you can watch a bit!
ReplyDeleteI'm not interested in seeing M/m that is sexual. Actually, M/m, in and of itself, is not something I look for. What I like is that a female is involved, and the scene excites or otherwise affects her strongly. That's true for F/m, as well. I'm not much interested in the male perspective. I'm watching the female. I want to know what's in her head. So I think it's great that female producers like you and Audrey are into F/m and M/m. I'm still primarily a fan of M/f and F/f.
ReplyDeleteI've been thinking about this, and come to a surprising conclusion. I'm a straight bloke, and have never had any desire to be anything more (purely on personal preference). Yet on consideration, I think I'd rather see M/m with a sexual element than non-sexual stuff. I'm not sure why this is, though the M/f and F/f spanking porn I find hottest is also that in which there is some sort of consensual sexual undercurrent.
ReplyDeleteI'm a male sub/switch (arranged in the order I like it) but I have no interest in M/M, not even at the direction of a woman in control.
ReplyDeleteI agree with you that Stephan (sp?) laying there like a log while getting it like that is sort of boring. Some of the contrived positions didn't work too well either. The paddling over the sink was great.
Now if one of you would just go live........
One of the things I enjoy most about the spanking porn you create/share from other sites is the amount of stories without overtly sexual overtones (and the fact that they *are* stories, with subtext and plots!), the 'realistic' situations involving punishment, discipline and humiliation. That sort of interaction really does seem to be missing from M/m, or even F/m, at least from what little I've seen, and it's wonderful that more people are realizing this and trying to do something about it. :)
ReplyDeletePersonally I would LOVE more M/m spanking stories, with or without sexual overtones, because like you I think two men together it hot. *grins* And even though he's bi I know my boy would prefer his M/m porn to be more about discipline, as in a school situation, than in a purely sexual context, because he enjoys spanking more that way. I'm really surprised there isn't more of it, especially with the culture of boarding schools and such in the UK.
So, ermmm, yes. More please :D
Brett - I think that's a really interesting take, actually. Your gaze is by definition male, but in order to connect with an erotic scene you need an in-character female gaze to tap into. Totally fascinating. Thanks for sharing - including female watchers or voyeurs is certainly an appraoch I intend to remember when producing F/m and M/m porn.
ReplyDeleteN Craig - Gosh, how very interesting! I suppose if you don't like sexless spankings anyway, then it makes sense that that would be consistent if you were watching M/m. I think it speaks positively about your lack of hang-ups that you aren't shying away from the idea of sexual M/m instinctively, you just want models you can personally perv over :)
Eric - oh boy, I'm working on it! I suspect Audrey will beat me to it though. (I'm still aiming for a minilaunch this year, but my other selves/careers keep stealing my time! I need a team of clones with a hive mind...)
Pip - hooray hooray! There's some asexual M/m, but the fact a lot of it is by gay producers puts viewers off (damn prejudice). There's even less asexual F/m with the same fairness, tenderness and character interaction as a lot of M/f or F/f. I'm really glad Audrey is helping to buck this trend :)
About 95 per cent of the spanking fantasies I had before I started to actively explore my kink were M/m. And I would still love to watch some good M/m scenes on video. The reason why I would prefer non-sexual scenes is that those fantasies I had (and still have) were and are non-sexual caring guidance fantasies. My M/f and F/m fantasies (the other 5 per cent) were non-sexual, too. That's why I also prefer non-sexual mixed gender spanking scenes. My fantasies usually don't involve any F/f-scenes, but there are clips with that constellation which I like, too.
ReplyDeleteSince I of course combine spanking and sex in my private play with my partner Ludwig today, I've also developed a certain interest in M/f scenes with sexual elements, but still my main focus concerning videos (in contrast to private play) lies on non-sexual stuff.
However, I really hope that Audrey's and your attempts to offer a greater variety of scenarios and spanking constellations in your clips will work out and that especially the prejudices against M/m clips (often from people who of course haven't got any problems with F/f stuff) will be gone one day. Although I have to admit that I don't believe the latter is going to happen, which makes me really sad and sometimes also very angry...
pandora i do like school girl spanking and even french maids.love simon.
ReplyDeleteHi Pandora
ReplyDeleteI'm a heterosexual male but am interested in what you are doing here. Although I have no interest in sexual contact with other men I do like the idea of CP activity with them, particularly receiving more severe stuff like judicial scenarios. I'll be interested to see how this develops.
I should be honest and say that M/m is at the bottom of my list of preferences, after F/f, M/f and F/m. I just wanted to say that you sdhouldn't assume that all straight men are going to be more put off by sexual M/m than by asexual M/m, though clearly that will be the case for some.
ReplyDeleteI don't dislike asexual spanking porn, I just get more out of the stuff with some sexual element, and the more overt that is, the more I get out of it.
There's a difference here in how I react top visual and written porn. With models, aside from the pleasure in looking at the physical form, I can imagine that, even if the scenario is wholly asexual, the real models' motivation might not be. So, for instance, I can enjoy a mother/daughter discipline scene with models who are not actually mother and daughter much more than I would enjoy a mother/daughter written story.
Also, I think I may define 'asexual' slightly differently from you. For instance, I would see loving domestic discipline stuff as having a sexual undercurrent, because it's part of those people's relationship.
(As an aside, I can understand why there's not that much overtly sexual spanking stuff available, at least in visual form. Partly I guess it's what "the market" is deemed to prefer, but I can also see that models happy to bare their bottoms on camera might not be willing to have sex on camera. But it is possible to show spankings that are the prelude to sex without actually showing the sex.)
And there is the issue of consent. I do prefer stuff that is underlied by the notion that the bottom is allowing to top to do stuff to them. Most asexual disciplinary stuff is by definition non-consensual, the actual exercise of power by the top over the bottom. Again, I react differently to visual stuff, where, even if the scenario is non-consenual, one knows that the actual model has given her consent, from how I react to written stories.
And just because this is what presses my buttons doesn't mean I disapprove of other people's buttons being pressed by non-consenual stuff. (Just don't do it for real, kids!)
In any case, I fully approve of you putting M/m, of whatever type, on your site, regardless of what it is deemed "the market" wants (which is usually wrong, as the market tends to result in everyone going after the same audience, rather than providing material for diverse audences). And the only person whose kinks you should cater to are your own!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete