An Invitation
This is for those of you who are reading this, but haven't ever said hello. Today is the day that I invite you - yes, all of you - to leave a comment and let me know you're out there.
You don't have to have anything clever to say. I'm not fishing for compliments; I do what I do because I love it. You don't have to have a blogger account, although if you leave a name or an initial it'll make it easier to reply to you :) You don't have to introduce yourself, unless you want to. I know how easy it is not to comment, especially when you never have before. You might worry about sounding inane or frivolous or annoying, you might think that I'm not interested in what you have to say.
Well, I'm writing this blog for you :) The point of blogging about spanking, rather than just doing it in isolation, is to open up a dialogue, to make it something that it's okay to talk about, okay to think about. I'm interested in your ideas, your experiences and opinions, your likes and dislikes. Or if you don't have anything to say, I want to know that you're listening :) Talking is much more fun when you have people to talk to, people to fidget so you know you're being boring, or ask questions so you know you're being unclear.
Today, a lot of the spanking girls have teamed up to invite you all to stop by and give us a wave and a smile. It was Bonnie's idea; she emailled us all to encourage to open our doors, because that's just the sort of friendly and warm-hearted person she is :)
So come on in, sit down, have a cup of tea. How are you today? It's nice to meet you :)





Hello. I read it. :-)
ReplyDeletelove,
Ophelia the Elephant
What a good idea! Well, hi! I love your blog, keep up the good work.
ReplyDeletePandora,
ReplyDeleteGreat message! I believe you're going to get plenty of lurker comments.
Thanks for joining in our effort!
Hugs,
Bonnie
Hi Pandora
ReplyDeleteToo funny, I also said I was not fishing for compliments! Except I said "ain't" fishing! The southern girl came out in me!
Hugs
Theresa
Another Southern girl delurking. It's my first day on your site but I'll be coming back. I like the way you made your invitation. We're all so different but at times so alike.
ReplyDeleteLove,
The Butterfly Temptress
I'm going to be a busy bee delurking on all the blogs I visit!
ReplyDeleteI read your blog most days, and I know you and all your fellow bloggers ain't looking for compliments but you deserve them, great blog, thanks :)
Hi Pandora..Well, you will get a compliment whether you like it or not!!! I visit your blog daily and find your posts interesting and articulate..
ReplyDeleteRgds RT
Hi! I read this blog, syndicated elsewhere...
ReplyDeleteHi,
ReplyDeleteKeep up the good work !
Charles
I have been reading your blog for some time now, and really enjoy it!
ReplyDeleteHi, nice work.
ReplyDeleteCiao grazie per l'invito, continua così.
ReplyDeleteBaci Adriano
OMG Pandora, how did I NOT ever come here before? You are absolutely drop-dead beautiful... so sweet and innocent (looking, at least)... are you a natural redhead? No matter, I'm lusting just the same... sorry, I don't usually drool. I promise to wipe it up before I leave... do you have a tissue or a hanky?
ReplyDeleteSeriously, you just knocked the wind right out of me... here I was floating along (well, OK, bouncing) happily from one blog to the next, following Bonnie's LOL links, and BAM! Hit by a train and squashed...
I LOVE your blog and will be back as soon as I recover from about ten hours on the computer... I've already added your link and will ABSOLUTELY be back... can't wait to read (and see?) more... your look brings out both the brat and the dominant in me...
I rarely ever do this but please, please, please come visit my site if you haven't already... there is lots of fun to be had by all and something tells me that you would fit right in with my pack of brats and my little close-knit blogger circle of friends... please come by and check out the games and consider playing. Whatever... just come by... OK, I'll stop begging now! But damn you are beautiful and enticing and alluring and I just have to know more about you!
Huge hugs and kisses!
Tiggs
I just found your blog recently but have become a regular lurker. I really enjoyed your recent post on Spanking vs. BDSM. Keep up the good work.
ReplyDeleteJohn
Pandora,
ReplyDeleteI just wanted to wish you a happy delurking day and tell you how much I enjoy your blog. I loved the post!
xoxo,
Kate
Hi I have never been here before but I am following bonnie's link list and just want to say Hi for now. I will be back to look around some more when I have a minute.
ReplyDeleteTake care,
Luv,
Lily.
Pandora - I love you and your blog.
ReplyDeleteHugs
Aunty
I've been following this blog for a while now, and I really enjoy it - it's an interesting read, even for someone as vanilla as me. Thanks for this delurking invite; for a while now I'd been meaning to reccommend The Scar to you. Pirates, knifeplay/scarplay, flogging, oh my! And really good writing, probably the best I've read all year.
ReplyDeleteMy my, Pandora, you are beautiful, and so wonderfull to invite us all in. I am so SO interested and yet so afraid... I have never.. but oh so desire to be 'introduced'. Thanks for the blog!
ReplyDelete-Crystal
My Dearest Pandora -
ReplyDeleteI greatly enjoy your blog as one written by what is known in the trade as a spanking model. It is of much interest to be able to get some insight into "the brain behind the bottom," so to speak. It is pleasant to be able to make a connection, and to know that you are a real and normal person.
Since I am neither real nor normal, I find both of those traits quite enviable.
Regards,
Frank
Hi, Pandora
ReplyDeleteWell, not exactly a delurk from me here, but just wanted to say "hi"! Your blog keeps going from strength to strength, and is always a great read.
Abel
Hello - my first visit here, but I'll be back!
ReplyDeleteTracy
Ophelia - love you, sweetie :) Thanks for saying hello *hugs*
ReplyDeleteiwasrobert - Hi! Glad you like the blog :) I noticed yours the other day on Technorati, coincidentally! Thanks for linking to me - I'll return the favour :)
Bonnie - thanks so much for setting this up! It was a fantastic idea and I think it was a success :)
theresa - my boyfriend D. was mocking me for sayinig I wasn't fishing for compliments, because (according to him) any "please comment!" post quite clearly is. But compliments are only worthwhile if they're alongside constructive criticism - I think so, anyway!
butterfly - hiya! Thanks for the link to my blog, I'll definitely link yours back :) One of the outcomes of this is that I have so many new blogs to read! Somehow I doubt I'll be getting much work done over the next couple of days ;)
Sarah - thanks for the compliment! I'm overwhelmed by how many of my commenters are girls, but it's no bad thing - I feel really welcomed by all these comments from spanko bloggers and readers, it's lovely :)
Roy - thankyou very much, it's always a pleasure :) When are you going to start your own blog, eh? :)
Emp. - hello you! Nice to see you, and glad to know you're still reading :)
Charles - thanks for saying hello!
ReplyDeleteWitness - wow, thanks so much for delurking :) I have all these readers I never knew about! It's great to meet you all :)
Anon - hi, thanks a lot :)
Katie - hello! I'm wishing I had more time to delurk on the other blogs that were participating on Friday, but I was away from my desk for most of the day - I'll have to catch up this week :)
Tiggs - okay, I'm blushing furiously now! I have already added your link and will definitely be adding your blog to the ones I read :) I'm not sure that I'm alluring but I'm certainly interested in making more spanko friends, so thanks a lot for the welcome :) And to answer your question... I'm a natural brunette/auburn, but I enhance the colour - I can't get it to stay bright red though, damnit! I'd love to have pure crimson hair! Anyway thanks so much for the compliments - I'm flattered and honoured! You're a sweetheart. :)
Adriano - grazie :)
John - thanks for saying hi, I hope you continue to read :) I love your profile image - in fact your whole blog looks really interesting and well-written. It's quite rare to find intelligent and articulate submissive men writing online. I'll definitely try and find time to come back to your blog in the next couple of days :)
ReplyDeleteKatie - Thanks a lot! Looks like the delurking day was a success for all of us :)
Lily - Hi, thanks for stopping by :) I need to repost that link list when I have a moment...
Aunty - praise indeed! And that's a very scary paddle in your icon there :)
lm - thanks for saying hi, and for the recommendation - pirates and flogging sounds exactly my thing (are you sure you're completely vanilla?!) I seem to have quite a few readers outside the spanking blogging set, which is really cool :)
Crystal - aww, thankyou! It was very brave of you to comment, and I'm glad you have :) Are you waiting for someone to introduce you to spanking? If so then good luck, because I imagine it must be scary, but I'm sure that if you find someone you trust and are comfortable with, then it'll be everything you hoped for. And spanking really isn't that "kinky" any more - like handcuffs, I think most sexually active people have tried it or want to try it! And even if they decide they don't like it, trying it doesn't harm anyone ;)
ReplyDeleteFrank - thanks a lot for your comment :) I'm certainly real enough, but I'm not sure that any of us are entirely normal! I mean, who would want to be?
Abel - hiya :) Glad to know you're still enjoying the blog - if you ever stop enjoying it then please let me know, because I'll know I'm doing something wrong! Yours is, as always, a pleasure :)
Tracy - thanks for delurking, hon, and I'll look forward to seeing you around! And thanks a lot for adding my link to your blogroll - I shall return the favour :)
Hey Pandora love your blog! I have to ask, didn't we once meet in a bar or pub a few of years ago? I've been looking at your pictures and you look a lot like a girl I shared a delightful evening with once! Anyway I was too drunk to remember
ReplyDeletemuch so you can spare your blushes! Let me know if you remember a tall
darkish guy called John with long black hair and a penchant for wearing gothic style clothes, actually I might have been calling myself Vincent at the time! I looked for you (if it is you) for ages afterwards but never saw you again. If you want to chat let me know I'll set up a blog thing and we can chat privately, if I'd known you were into spanking I would have been well up for it! John xx
Hi John - I've edited your comment as you will notice, I'd prefer not to have my hometown posted in comments here :) Sorry to change it without asking first, but I hope you'll understand.
ReplyDeleteI'm afraid I don't remember you, but then I have spent an awful lot of time over the years in pubs chatting to goths ;) I presume it wasn't in a munch, otherwise the fact that I was into spanking would have been fairly easy to guess...
Glad you're enjoying the blog, and thanks for saying hi! If you're ever in London drop me an email, maybe we can meet up for a drink? My Doms keep me busy and happy enough that I'm not looking for any new spanking partners right now, but I am always up for chatting to goths in pubs :)
Don't worry about the edit; don't know what I was thinking!
ReplyDeleteNo it wasn't a munch, nothing spanking related at all just two Goths on the pull, possibly a uni rocksoc thing or something!
Actually I was getting your Elizabata/Mina to my Dracula tyve vibe from you at the time. Maybe I had crossed oceans of time only to blow my chance and then to find you again on a spanking website a couple of year later, not bad going for destiny lol
Well anyway I would love to meet up sometime and maybe pull you this time, in my dreams lol!!
John the Goth xxx
Hi John, maybe you're right we had the vibe going on, maybe you aren't! Only one way to tell I guess, although of course I'm not promising anything (but I am curious now :P) I'll be at Night of the Cane on Saturday if you can make it...
ReplyDeleteHi Pandora.
ReplyDeleteMy name is Pete from the Gold Coast Queensland Australia. What can I say, "Love your work"! I'm a lifelong, mostly frustrated spanking enthusiast and I would love to know if you are ever going to be on the Gold Coast for a holiday. Maybe we can arrange a down under spanking. LOL. Regards.