Wednesday, November 22, 2006

On professionalism

Ach, none of you wanted to rise to my bait? That'll teach me. I'll probably post the images anyway at some point, just because I'm a soft touch. I'm guessing from the lack of interest that there's not much point posting the answers ;)

A few recent email exchanges have prompted me to re-iterate a couple of points:

  • No, I don't do 1-2-1s. I have nothing against girls who do, but I don't. I don't do parties either. I do go to fetish clubs and private parties, and I'm perfectly willing to meet new play partners at them (assuming my Lords approve, of course), but if that happens it will be personal, not professional.

  • No, you can't get a 1-2-1 on the sly by bringing a camera and pretending it's a shoot. And if you try, you almost certainly won't get what you're looking for.

  • Yes, I am a professional. Not your sub, not your slave, not your best friend. I'm a hard-working, creative, easy-going professional model and actress with a love of roleplay. In character I'll do whatever the scene requires, but out of character I'll be strictly professional: friendly, efficient, and polite.

  • No, I won't be in-character and naughty and giggly when I'm making a booking with you. Being in-character all the time is not only not my job, it's time-wasting for the photographer as well as for me.

  • Yes, I love what I do, and I'm into the scene, but my submission is reserved for my Lords. You won't ever get all of me. When I'm working, though, I'll give more than enough: ask any of the people I've worked with.

  • No, this doesn't mean I'm distant or aloof: I've made a lot of friends in the scene and I'm utterly warm and relaxed once I've got to know people.

  • But yes, during our initial contact, when we're making a booking and discussing scenarios, I'll be professional. If you aren't a professional photographer or filmmaker, and don't want a professional spanking model, I'd recommend you look elsewhere.

17 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:35 PM

    Except for the first one, which is entirely your personal choice, your list reads like Dealing with Models 101. Except, obviously not everybody thinks like that.

    IIRC Adele Haze posted something similar a while back; this kind of nonsense seems to be quite common, which is sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pandora is truly a professional. I have worked with her on spanking films and have been impressed by her attitude towards the work.

    I cannot understand it when Pandora puts "Pandora is wanting only film work and is not looking for 1-1 encounters." on her profile on sites such as SpankingModelsUK.com (http://www.spankingmodelsuk.com/models/v/pandora/ ) that there are still men out there who assume that this does not apply to them!

    I will work with pandora anytime - she is thoroughly recommended as a spanking model and actress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:19 PM

    I would add my two pennies and concur that it is a joy to work with someone so professional, charming and thoughtful. I can only suggest that people don't believe what is stated and /or want to try their luck. It must be tiresome but I suspect will continue to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:00 PM

    I suspect that if Pandora saw me she would secretly crave sexual satisfaction from me however I too am professional!

    I think it's a little pressumptious to lecture us all about how we can't get our hands on the goods, just because a few chancers pushed their luck and made inproper suggestions!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:37 PM

    drytukI suppose that means a quick spank and a snog is out of the question. ? Aww Bugger LOL

    Grant,

    Ps.Seriously i'm sorry that theres people out there that make it tough for you. I wish you all the Best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:12 PM

    oops sorry Pandora,

    I didn'r click on the verication box before i typed it in.So that's why the odd letters appear at the beggining of my post.It should read Oh,sorry.LOL
    Grant

    ReplyDelete
  7. Robert - the thing is there's a lot of overlap between professional and amateur photographers. Some of the amateurs have a professional attitude, and some of them are just looking to push their luck. You can't tell who's who without giving people a chance, and it's fairly inevitable that some people will abuse that chance.

    Sound Punishment - gosh, thankyou for the compliments! I can wholeheartedly return them and very much recommend you as someone to work with.

    RT - oh, absolutely, I'm not shocked that it happens. It is something you have to expect and I wouldn't recommend someone get into this industry unless they were reasonably streetsmart and thickskinned. That doesn't make it acceptable, though - you just have to learn to shrug it off. And maybe have the occasional rant ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I suspect that if Pandora saw me she would secretly crave sexual satisfaction from me however I too am professional!

    I think it's a little pressumptious to lecture us all


    Is this a lecture? Goodness, and here I was thinking I was writing a blog. If it wasn't for professionals like you, Anon, I don't know how I'd cope. Why don't you reveal your delectable self and we'll see who's craving who?

    By the way, it's spelled 'presumptuous'.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Grant - hehe, it'll have to be a virtual spank, but I'm game! Thanks for the good wishes, they're much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous9:42 AM

    Mmmm, I like me a nice rant. :) Rock on!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous2:55 PM

    I know how it's spelt but I'm a busy professional and my intent was to give you a verbal spanking and I guess I was a little slap dash with the typing, excuse the pun!

    Don't get me wrong I'm a fan of your work I just didn't like the accusatory tone you were using!

    There's a slight edge to you Pandora, for someone who considers herself a submissive you seem to have quite a venomous side bubbling under your seemingly passive nature… Is this possibly an unconscious defensiveness regarding your line of work?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anon - Of course there's an edge to me. There'd be something wrong if there wasn't.

    Actually, I'm never passive and rarely venomous. I'm submissive to my lords, not to strangers, and when it comes to my work I'm independent and assertive. If you want to read confidence as defensiveness I can't stop you, but you couldn't be more wrong - as anyone who's actually met me will attest!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anon wrote:
    my intent was to give you a verbal spanking

    *raises an eyebrow*

    What makes you think you're entitled to deliver any kind of spanking to Pandora?

    As pointed out in the original post, a stranger (professional or otherwise) has no right to expect submission from her - or indeed from any submissive. Respect is earned, and you've yet to earn any here.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous3:58 PM

    Well consider yourself verbally spanked Pandora!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous4:38 PM

    Ok Pandra,

    I'm ready young Lady over my knee, LOL.

    Grant

    ReplyDelete
  16. A spanking? With MY reputation?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous5:31 PM

    Oh Sorry,

    I thought you where the Pandora, that was a Spanking model.Oh how silly of me too get you two confused LOL

    I hope i haven't hurt you reputatiom too badly : )

    Grant

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails