Friday, November 10, 2006

The better-known Pandora

A comment I received the other day reminded me of the most famous Pandora to most Brits – Pandora Braithwaite from Adrian Mole. Now she was a girl who definitely deserved a spanking – intelligent, prim and aloof, just begging to be taken down a peg or three. Plus, when we first meet the character she's always dressed in school uniform, as Adrian emphasises in the song he writes about her:

"I'm profoundly in love with Pandora
She's got knee-socks and treacle-coloured hair
The tenderness with which I adore her
Is something fine and rare"

Well, I don't have treacle-coloured hair, but I frequently wear kneesocks.

Of course, the original schoolgirl Pandora is far too young to be thinking about in naughty terms without going to a very special hell. However, in The Cappucino Years she's fully grown – and in the dramatisation, she's absolutely gorgeous, played by Helen Baxendale, who made her name playing Ross' posh English girlfriend Emily in Friends.

She doesn't really look like me – she's much prettier, with a nicer chin, although we do both have very Norman noses. Nonetheless, I'd love to see her play me in the film of my life, if only for the sake of watching her do the spanking scenes ;)

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:35 PM

    I was actually only aware of the Pandora that opened the box, I didn't know there was another. I must go look her up now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:44 PM

    I'm glad my comment about 'The better known Pandora' inspired one of your blog posts :)
    I was a fan of the series when it was on TV and it's sequel.
    I have to disagree with you on one thing though, I think you're every bit as pretty as Emily from Friends, chin and all!!

    Conan the barbarian xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:47 PM

    Pandora - I think you do yourself a disservice with your negative comparison to Helen Baxendale :-)

    I suspect we could go on debating that point for a while - I think the only way to sort this out would be for the two of you to do a "spank off" - now that would be worth watching !!!

    Charles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nikki - the Pandora who opened the box is rather more famous, I'll admit! But she isn't a British schoolgirl ;)

    Conan - I never saw the series, but I did love the books when I was younger. I haven't read many of the later ones, though.

    Charles - Mmm, wouldn't it! She is someone I would love to see spanked ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails