Tuesday, September 09, 2008

The Bells of Whipstock

I wonder if any of my blog readers own vintage copies of Janus Magazine? I've received a request by email from a reader, who's trying to track down issues dating from 1973-1975:

If memory serves, it was about then that there was a regular comic strip entitled THE BELLS OF WHIPSTOCK (Jennifer Bell, eventually a prefect etc.)

Whilst the artwork is not quite in the same league as that of Paula Meadows, these items are well worth a look, I hope you may agree.

I don't think I've ever seen those issues of Janus, and my curiosity has definitely been piqued. Are there any collectors out there who might be able to help?

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:23 AM

    I've got a pile of ancient Januses on the floor of my bedroom; I'll have a look through them and see if they're the ones...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paul definitely has these old very early Janus magazines in his collection, and actually a lot of them have been set aside, (with hundreds of other collectable mags) for sale. Perhaps give your reader Paul's email address if he is interested?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems we serious spankos all have large collections of Janus. I probably have several hundred Janus, Kane, London Life, Mentor, Blushes etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks very much for the comments, guys - I look forward to hearing if any of you have any luck finding the issues I'm after!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:57 PM

    Yes, I have these editions. The "Bells" was a cartoon series (and very nicely done).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails