Wednesday, February 11, 2009

hot male spankers: Mario

I like men.

I mean, I like girls as well - I like girls a lot - but my two primary partners are both male. When I'm watching spanking porn, if I'm identifying with the victim rather than watching voyeuristically, usually I prefer M/f to F/f. Perhaps it's because I like watching a genuine erotic charge between spanker and spankee, and however often porn includes girls kissing for the cameras, real sexual chemistry is sadly less common in F/f than M/f.¹

Of course, I also like to see a non-consensual sexual charge, where the spanker's lechery is unreciprocated by a creeped-out and reluctant victim. (It's not easy to find decent porn with this dynamic where I can assure myself that the model wasn't creeped-out and reluctant, but that's why spankee-led sites which emphasise the models' desires and models' voices are so brilliant.) And a lot of the time, I have to tap into that non-consent kink even if I'm not sure the site's values are completely ethical, because if I'm not at all attracted to a male spanker, it's the only way I can connect to a sexual charge from them.

The problem is - and, well, there's no way of saying this that doesn't sound rude, but it's true - there are far fewer hot male spankers in the industry than there are hot female spankers. I would go as far as to say that all female spankers are hot;² far fewer of the men press my buttons. Part of this problem is the anonymity of male models: without a name, a face, a personality, a voice, it's hard to connect with a disembodied spanking arm. It's not all that bad - at their best, male spankers are authoritative, powerful, capable and convincing tops.³ Which is great, and if they're too old for me to fancy them then they're still perfect for those Headmaster fantasies. But I like my spankings sexy, and maybe it makes me shallow or picky, but I just can't get that sexual charge if the male spanker isn't cute.

In real life, I like my men to be energetic. I like lean, slinky men with cheekbones and hipbones as sharp as their wit. I like handsome, kind bears who can soothe me with their arms and with their voice, handle me as gently as if I were a little girl. Above all I like physically powerful, dynamic, expressive men. Older than me, but still youthful and vigorous. In real life, I'm not interested in the Dirty Old Man character that has been a staple of spanking porn since the Blushes era.⁴

I can discuss trends in spanking models till my cheeks are pink, but your patience is about to be rewarded. This is all by way of introduction to some kinky pictures that pressed my hot buttons.

This update is from Spanked Call Girls. Apparently the spanker is Rosario Stone's real-life husband, which is a quick way of upping the sexual chemistry in a scene. He's called Mario, and I have to admit it's nice to see a male spanker with an actual name. Mario Stone is good-looking, he's got a focus and intensity in his expressions which I love, and he's got the body language absolutely nailed. Something about the shoulders. That sense of determination and strength. Yum. :)







And there's a free gallery here. Don't say I'm not good to you.

In fact, a quick nose has revealed that this beautiful couple switches, and they've done at least one F/m scene for Clare Spanks Men. Wow! Now that's hot. :)

Of course Mario's not the only fit bloke in the spanking industry, but I've gone on long enough, so I'll save the rest for another day.

1. Audrey and Abigail's domestic discipline site Spank That Brat are an obvious exception to both generalisations, and I commend them for it.

2. All females in the industry are hot. Conforming to conventional beauty standards is a pre-requisite for this job, which is one of the reasons I am drawn to the work of fat models, models of colour, genderqueer models, models with stretchmarks and big noses. They're bucking the trend, and that takes courage. (Anyway, I belong to at least the last two camps.) Porn is great because so much of it is home-grown, and real bodies and real faces are in my opinion much hotter than the sanctioned, identical bodies and faces re-used over and over by Hollywood and big television.

3. At their worst, they're unpaid spankophile amateurs with no acting experience. Or the producer and his brother. Or Cameraman 2. I don't want to insult any of the male tops reading this, but I don't mean you - I'm sure you can all think of studios who prioritise convenience/cheapness over quality in their choice of male models.

4. I was about to say "and before", but now I come to think of it, all the vintage M/f spanking photos I can think of off-hand have vigorous, handsome male tops, however off-putting their mustaches and muttonchops seem to the modern eye. Did the "lecherous fuddy-duddy" trend in male tops start with the 70s, or is it older than that?

8 comments:

  1. Good post ...

    I'm still asking myself why the hell I even clicked the link on my site to this blog when I knew the post was titled "hot male spankers." I sure as hell knew it wasn't about me. Geez, I hope there isn't something buried in my subconsious that I don't want to ever find out about (Not That There's Anything Wrong With That).

    Paging Dr. Freud ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:56 PM

    Well, yes.

    Do you read Bitchy Jones? If not, you should -- she's angry and eloquent and (usually) right, and there aren't nearly enough people like her writing about how bdsm cultures can be easily as messed-up as the rest of society.

    [she does have several posts on just this topic, but I can't find at this moment]

    ReplyDelete
  3. This guy certainly does have fascinating expression of concentration. It's nice to find out your tastes, as to the elements that make a good looking and effective male spanker.

    I totally agree about the anonymity of male models in the spanking video industry, both tops and bottoms.

    Prefectdt

    ReplyDelete
  4. So you don't enjoy the non-conventional beauty of old, out-of-shape men? You prefer the spanker to be conventionally hot, as in youthful, cute, lean, handsome, energetic, physically powerful and vigorous?

    (Personally, I think he is too thin.)

    Alright, enough kidding around (I couldn't resist, I never can). Thanks for this post, it was interesting and raises a point that is well-known, but all the more valid for it. It's true, there are too few hot male tops in spanking porn (so actually, my little jibe that your "young, lean, handsome" ideal is fairly conventional misses the mark, because it isn't, really - at least not in spanking porn).

    Not only are there few male tops who are hot. I would go as far as saying that there aren't too many who are interesting in *any* sort of way - chemistry with the spankee, charisma, mystique, acting chops, individuality, any of that.

    The reason why we don't have many interesting male tops in M/F spanking porn is quite simple, I believe, and it is the same reason why we don't have many interesting male bottoms in F/M: it's a widespread misconception among producers that "people only watch this stuff because of the girls".

    As a result, numerous producers (both M/F and F/M) never bother to look for quality guys, because they perceive it as a waste of time, effort and money. Why go to all the trouble when the audience is only looking at the "F" part of the production, anyway, and doesn't give a toss about the "M" part?

    The producer of one of the bigger F/M spanking sites has literally said this, and it was quoted by a male spankee in a discussion we had about a year ago: "People only watch the videos because of the dommes, anyway." That is how most F/M producers think, and also, I believe, a considerable share of the M/F producers (just replace "dommes" with "female bottoms").

    It's utterly wrong, of course. I believe that most viewers - regardless of whether they are male or female, tops, bottoms or switches - are very much interested in *both* players in a spanking video, and in the chemistry between them. Regardless of whether you watch an M/F scene purely as a voyeur, or whether you identify with the spankee or the spanker, you *will* prefer an interesting, skilled and charismatic top to a faceless and untalented one. A good top will elevate a scene to a whole new level of eroticism, no matter from which angle you look at it.

    The same "guys matter" rule is true for F/M. Needless to say, viewers look at the men, too. Most of them will, of course, prefer hot male spankees to unattractive ones. And not just the female part of the audience. The men want to see attractive guys, too (although some will be too homophobic to admit it). I certainly do when I watch an F/M scene.

    I don't know why the "it's all about the chicks" theory prevails. It is latently misogynistic, of course, so maybe it is merely a reflection of misogynistic attitudes that exist in society in general and in some quarters of the porn industry in particular. But that seems too simple an explanation. I suppose that, with many who believe in it, it really comes down to cluelessness, not malice. Not all spanking video producers are themselves genuinly kinky, and not all understand the psychology of it. I think this is especially true for F/M, most of which is obviously clueless and stereotypical.

    Then there are others who would know better, who do understand that the "M" part of a spanking videos matters. But they are simply too lazy. So, to use Pandora's words, they prioritise convenience and cheapness over quality. Maybe they do so against better knowledge. But hey, if you are getting reasonably good sales figures, anyway...

    Anyway, enough ranting. Thank you for the pictures, they are indeed lovely. I like the chemistry between the two, and I like a man who is so intensely focused on his task. Hot male spankers do exist, and all is not lost.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ludwig - *applause* I KNEW someone was going to tease me about that. In fact, as I was getting the bus to D's after writing this entry, I was considering asking to borrow his PC so I could edit it. But then I started formulating arguments in defense of the apparent contradiction. So hooray! Thanks to you, I get to use them :)

    Seriously, from your tone I suspect you're already perfectly aware that the double standard in porn is so entrenched that the same rules can't, to achieve equality, currently apply. In Utopia, I'd love to see a mix of gorgeous men and women and people inbetween of all body types, races, gender identities and sexualities. All of them articulate and interesting with awesome blogs. But in the real world, we have two imbalances at opposite ends of the spectrum, and to achieve an ideal balance we need to pull each one in an opposite direction. Women in porn tend to all conform to a similar type. White, under-30, slender, with delicate facial features, long lashes, perfect skin and shiny hair. Women in porn, for the most part, conform to the same beauty standards as women in magazines, films and TV. This isn't a criticism of the women. It's a criticism of the people making the porn for having such a narrow and restrictive view of beauty. Porn needs more non-white, curvy, genderqueer, strong-featured women. There are already a few sites who use beautiful women that don't fit into the box of patriarchally-sanctioned beauty, and without intending any false modesty, I include myself in that category. But I'd love to see it become the trend.

    The trend in male models, by contrast, is very different. Most male models in spanking porn are the owner/producer of their own site. Mr Stern, Aegean, Dino from SOL, Aegean, Michael Masterson, David Pierson all fit into this category. Men who are hired as models, rather than making their own material, are very different from their female counterparts. We agree that far too many of them are unpaid amateurs, and that porn would benefit enormously from an injection of hot young dynamic actors, professionals who deserve to be treated - and paid - as professionals. If it looks like I'm applying a double standard, it's because the status quo is so very, very broken that it's the only way to fix things.

    But you know all that already. And I'm glad you agree.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are already a few sites who use beautiful women that don't fit into the box of patriarchally-sanctioned beauty, and without intending any false modesty, I include myself in that category.

    I didn't mean to imply that I think I'm beautiful, either! Goodness, finding an accurate language for this is tricky. Hopefully you see what I'm trying to say.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pandora: Indeed, I was just teasing you a bit. You will no doubt understand that the opportunity was simply too good to pass up. In Germany, it's what we call a "penalty kick without goalkeeper"... (I'm not a football fan, especially not after losing that bet with Niki, but it's a nice analogy)

    Seriously, I understand your point. I heartily agree that the female beauty ideal in society in general and in porn in particular is too narrow and restrictive. When I listen to other men, I don't seem to be all alone among guys with that view, either. I also agree that about the two imbalances you describe in spanking porn - the one on the male and female side, respectively. It would be nice to see that change.

    Still, I'm curious about what you see when you look inside yourself and analyse your motivation. How much of it is really "social engineering", and how much of it is personal taste, you think?

    On the one hand, there is this idealistic vision of more equality and variety in kinky porn: "Okay, there are too few hot and handsome male spankers, so we need more of them to create the Utopian perfect balance, and I'm going to champion that cause!" But on the other hand, is it far-fetched to assume that another large part of your motivation simply lies in the fact that you have a thing for hot and handsome male spankers - so you'd like to see more of them in spanking porn?

    I don't doubt your idealism or that a large part of your motivation is indeed the kind of social engineering you describe. I'm just curious where you think the proportion between that part and the self-interest lies. Can we really tell? At least in my own experience, I find that this can be quite difficult. Especially when we are talking about these kinds of "primordial impulses".

    I tend to look at us as highly "compartmentalised". Meaning that, as people, we're complex and we have many different mindsets. On the one end of the sprectrum, there is a superficial one that lusts only after "eye candy". At the very other end, there is the sapiosexual mindset, and there are many others in between. I don't know if this is quite the right illustration - maybe it is more useful to think of the mindsets as totally independent "areas", rather than points on a continuous scale. But you know what I'm tryint to say.

    I don't think we are superficial if we have one mindset that is. It is just one among others, a certain mood or attitude that can be strong, even dominant, at certain times, very much in the background at other times, and it isn't representative of us as people. It doesn't mean that we, as people, are unable to appreciate inner beauty or non-conventional forms of (outward, physical) beauty.

    So I'm not defensive about my "lusting after eye candy" moments. I deliberately flirt with them sometimes in my movie reviews, along the lines of: "Alright, this model here can't act a damn, but the girl is so hot, who cares!" It's tongue-in-cheek, of course, and the joke isn't really on the girl, it's on me - I'm parodying the stereotypical "porn viewer" mindset. I think most readers understand that, too (screw them if they don't, I write for a smart target audience). In any case, humour is one of my ways of choice to confront that mindset.

    The part of your post I disagree with is where you talk about how things are "broken" and we need to "fix" them. I understand that this is the way you look at it, and that is fine, but it's not the way I look at it myself. To be honest, I don't feel an obligation to "fix" anything about porn. That's simply not my job. I'm not sure it is anyone's job, really. I just watch and produce the kind of porn I like.

    Of course, we can (and should) make our tastes and preferences known as individuals. You think the view of female beauty in porn is too narrow, and I agree. You think there should be more hot young dynamic male actors in spanking porn, and I agree. Still, I tend to think of us as two individuals who happen to share this preference, not as part of a movement to change the face of porn.

    I'm skeptical about movements in art. They have their place in politics and social activism, but I'm less sure about art. I think they tend to degenerate into rigid dogmatism, and that it stifles art. Even when the intentions behind it are as good as yours, that could happen.

    I don't think that art, as such, has any responsibility or social obligation attached to it. If you want to promote more gender- and beauty-equal porn as a vehicle towards a more gender- and beauty-equal society, because you as an individual and as an artist feel strongly about that, great. Then that is your expression as an artist. But I don't think that art, in general, has any obligation, or that "it" has to look like this or like that.

    Not sure if I am making sense here, but again, I hope you see what I am trying to say.

    It's an interesting question to begin with: can art change society? Personally, I don't think it can. I think art can dramatically change us as individuals, the way we look at ourselves and at the world. With some of us, it can totally change our lives. But I think that this is a very private, individual thing. When it comes to the influence of art on society in general, I think it is miniscule at best. I think it really works the other way around: art is very much an expression of its society, and when society changes, art does.

    Anyway, enough philosophising...

    ReplyDelete
  8. You wrote:

    "There are already a few sites who use beautiful women that don't fit into the box of patriarchally-sanctioned beauty, and without intending any false modesty, I include myself in that category."

    "I didn't mean to imply that I think I'm beautiful, either! Goodness, finding an accurate language for this is tricky. Hopefully you see what I'm trying to say."

    Well, you certainly *are* beautiful. At least I think so.

    I don't think beauty has to be analysed, or even that it can be. The psychology of it is so infinitely complicated. But I can try...

    I can try to blend out everything I know about you as a person - your views, your writing, your personal history etc. All of which are, of course, things that influence how I "see" you (literally) and that contribute greatly to how attractive I find you.

    When I try to look only at the phsyical attributes, I'd say the beauty of them lies in the fact that it is a mix, really. Meaning, you are close enough to the conventional beauty ideal to be appealing on that level: "pretty face", "pretty hair", "pretty figure", that type of thing. At the same time, you have enough "flaws" to stand out and to be memorable. The big nose, for instance, which I for one find rather sexy.

    I think that, with people we find physically attractive, it tends to work like that - it's a mix of conventional beauty and "interesting flaws".

    (Come to think of it, that is probably true of the *personalities* we find attractive, too!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails