The art of Øystein Loge
Øystein Loge is one of those fetish artists whose work seems to crop up everywhere. I first saw his pictures reposted in the 'fantasies' image gallery on Niki Flynn's yahoo group. If you have a look at his site you'll almost certainly recognise some of the images in the exhibition (although if you're viewing it in a screen resolution higher than 800x600, you'll need to adjust the size of your browser window).
He specialises in digital collages, and his work focuses on nude girls in postures of helplessness, humiliation and submission. Most of the scenarios in his work take place outdoors, or in grand, draughty architecture. His narratives are of institutionalised suffering, servitude, exactingly sadistic punishments. Looking through his artwork, one encounters European peasant girls, maidservants, nuns, prisoners, labourers. There are groups of naked women; working, resting, being punished, being displayed in disgrace or simply as decoration. There are single girls separated out for public punishment. The consistent theme of his art is that of naked women in physical and psychological bondage.
I've been lucky enough to find my way recently into his folk-art world of ritual and subjugation:
Four Slave Girls in Spring from The Forever Manorhouse Maids.
Nuns' Ritual from The Madrugada Castle Chronicles.
Definitely a fun place to visit ... I haven't quite decided whether or not I'd want to live there.





Well, well, well, Pandora.
ReplyDeleteI'd say those nuns would just love to have you across their knees~~
"Spank you, very much-cha!"
:)
The nuns are very scary!!
ReplyDeletePandora I would love to spank naughty nuns, be they in cloisters, or schools. Be they novices, or Mother Superiors. Yes, up would go their habits, and down would come their knickers, and a good caning on their bare bottoms would follow.
ReplyDelete