I'm a bit tied up just now...
Apologies for the erratic updates this week - I'm more than usually busy at the moment. If I haven't answered your email, it's not because you've annoyed me, I just haven't had time to sit down and work through my inbox yet :) Hopefully I'll get a chance over the weekend.
I feel like I should be particularly attentive to updating at the moment, as the daily hits on my blog recently went over 1000/day! This is a first for me, and it took a couple of weeks of consistent numbers for me to believe it wasn't a random blip. I'd just like to welcome all my new readers, and thank every one of you who takes the time to read, visit and comment on this blog - you are the ones I write for, and if none of you had bothered then I wouldn't still be here. I really do appreciate it, and will endeavour to update more regularly to make sure you have something new to entertain you each time you visit :)
This weekend is looking to be a good one - myself and Mr C will be attending the Just Rope party with some friends. My bondage experience is limited, but I'm enthusiastic, and hopefully we'll come away with some pretty photos to show you all. I'm also hoping to experience my first suspension, which I'm very much looking forward to.
I don't really know how much overlap there is between the bondage and spanking kinks. Restraint is something one very rarely sees in spanking films, but it's something I know quite a lot of us enjoy in private.
Personally, I find bondage to hold me still during CP play a very different thing to the sort of bondage enjoyed at rope play parties. The sorts of decorative harnesses a talented rigger will create - designed to restrain and display the body, hold it in a sort of sweet tension - are not the means to an end (making sure you don't break position, and enhancing the feeling of helplessness during a punishment) but an end in themselves.
For me, the more decorative sort of bondage fits into my kink in a different way. The pain is interesting, but incidental: the real kick is in becoming an objet d'art, a pretty, helpless thing to be played with and admired. It's a submissive experience, but in a different way from CP play. Except of course, once you've been beautifully tied up, there's nothing to stop you being spanked - but I think submitting to that sort of spanking is quite different from going over someone's knee, or bending over for the cane. Perhaps after Sunday I'll understand how it fits together in my head a little better.
In the meantime, I'd be interested to hear your thoughts and experiences. Does bondage appeal to you? If so, how does the appeal relate to your interest in spanking?





As you probably know, bondage is a major kink of mine in a way that CP isn't so much. In particular, I switch wrt bondage but am only interested in giving rather than receiving spankings.
ReplyDeleteFor me the major attraction of bondage is to tie up a pretty boy and then give him pleasure rather than pain. With me completely in control of his pleasure. Yup, that hits my buttons alright. :-)
I'll be very interested to hear your thoughts after the weekend. Being suspended sounds great.
*must learn some bondage techniques, actually, as I'm still very basic in terms of what I can do*
love,
Ophelia
xx
Bondage isn't a passion with me. At best, it's a curiosity. I do kind of like the idea of someone (maybe even me) being held in a pillory with their bare bottom completely helpless. But that's pretty much the extent of my interest.
ReplyDeleteChains and ropes and the like have never figured in my love affair with the traditional domestic spanking scenario. I haven't wanted them and haven't missed them.
Bruce
Bondage per se doesn't do a great deal for me, but to see a girl restrained in such a way that she is obliged to present her bottom perfectly for the cane or the birch is a real winner. There is an old video by NuWest in which Joanne Jameson canes a beautiful girl over a purpose built sloping horse. The girl is strapped down in such a way that she can't move her bottom at all so it is deliciously vulnerable-with no wriggle room at all throughout the entire caning. This is a judicial scene of course and wouldn't work in the gentler setting of school or domestic cp. But it's certainly a scenario that you should try Pandora. You've certainly got the bottom for it!
ReplyDeleteThe pain is interesting, but incidental: the real kick is in becoming an objet d'art, a pretty, helpless thing to be played with and admired.
ReplyDeleteSpot on, I wish I had a bit more time to think and dissect this, as it sparked a whole stream of consciousness as soon as I read it.
Keywords, sculpture, care, caress, art, helplesness, intimacy and on and on. Spanking alone can be a thrill but bondage and spanking/flogging mixed with sweet torture are something else entirely. Anyway gotta go, work beckons.
Can't say bondage is a lead interest of mine although I have a fascination with knots. An appreciation of the beauty of a proper tie. I do, however, very much enjoy binding the hands a woman who enters that certain state of mind when introduced to ropes. An excitement underlying the conscious uneasiness over her vulnerability. Spanking a bound woman doesn't interest me but a light tap or casual caress of a bottom to remind her of her exposure. I've never used any of the decorative body ties although on the right woman they could present a nice way to remind her of her vulnerability with just a twist.
ReplyDeleteOphelia - I'm sure I can find some people willing to teach you :) Hrm, maybe I should host a private rope workshop/party at my house sometime ... we don't have a suspension cube, but we could have people demonstrating knots on pretty people, and my bed is very good for tying people to ... ;)
ReplyDeleteI've definitely enjoyed tying boys up to pleasure them before, although it doesn't really fit into either of my current relationships. I imagine that if I had a pretty girl tied up, I might well get a little bit switchy about it ... I'm not a sadist, but if someone enjoys being hurt, I'm perfectly happy to oblige :)
Bruce - I think restraint for CP purposes fits into a different category in my head - that's definitely something I enjoy, and I've been tied down for a spanking or whipping on many occasions. Bondage for its own sake, though? It's a different thing entirely... and I think I like it :)
Streetlegal - mmm, that scene sounds heavenly. Almost all my fantasies involve CP while I'm tied down completely immobile. Unfortunately we don't really have the furniture to play at home ... and at shoots and clubs there are so many distractions. Still, I look forward to slowly broadening my experience of bondage, both in combination with CP and independently :)
autumn - mmm, yes, I think you and I are thinking of very much the same thing. The "being a pretty object" thing is a kink which does depend on my being in a very deep D/s context though, otherwise I just get bored! Being tied up is interesting - being left there less so, unless there's a very tangible connection between me and my Dom which carries me through the period of inactivity.
ReplyDeleteBeing a pony is much more active, which is one of the reason it appeals so much :)
Nikolai - An excitement underlying the conscious uneasiness over her vulnerability.
Yes, I know exactly what you mean. I do enjoy the slow, floaty experience of decorative bondage, but personally, I find the idea of bondage used in a non-consent scene much more exciting. You wouldn't have time for decorative knots while being kidnapped, but someone who knows how to restrain you no matter how much you struggle... now that's hot :)