Sunday, October 26, 2008

after Sieff

I think I need to formally cut back on the number of entries I'm posting in this blog. I barely have time to post more than a couple of times a week at the moment, and if I'm still trying to post Mon-Fri (not that I ever maintained that consistently!) then I'll only feel bad about not managing it. So please consider this a formal announcement: Pandora's Blog will be updating twice weekly from now on. I just don't have time to commit to a higher post rate with the new job. If I manage more than that, consider it a bonus.

This is is just a quick one - I want to show you the polished, final version of the polaroid by Owen Gruyffed that I posted last week. We spent some time perfecting the lighting and the pose, and then Owen processed the image in Photoshop and sent me a digital copy. I hope he doesn't mind my reposting it.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:43 PM

    Agreeing to any posting regime is fraught with problems. It also places unnecessary stress on the blogger. (I have not posted for over a week; Aaarrgghhh!)

    Post when you can, when there is something you need to say.

    Absence makes the heart grow fonder so an occasional silence is fine by me.

    The picture is lovely, I am sure Owen won't mind one little bit.

    RPT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Twice a week is still more than a lot of bloggers and quality is better than quantity.

    Scrolling between the Polaroid and the photo in this post, they are both very worthwhile pictures but in different ways. This is a very good example of how photographic technique changes an images final impression.

    Prefectdt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:49 AM

    I want to lick that photo. Seriously.

    *goes off to fantasise*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes, as they say, less is more. It's certainly more sensible to do two proper posts per week, when you have the time and the inspiration for it, instead of five hasty and terse ones.

    When I started my own blog, I was so swept away by the excitement and the creative drive of this new adventure, I felt like writing three posts per day, every day. But I consciously reined myself in because I foresaw, obviously, that there would be phases when I don't have the spare time or the energy to blog. Better to save up some ideas for the dry spells instead of burning them all in one big firework at the beginning...

    Eventually, I settled into a routine of doing a new post every four days. I don't always manage to do it, but it is the target I have set myself. Since my posts tend to be long, I think 6 to 8 per month is just about the right amount, both for me and for the readers. Not too little, not too much.

    Moreover, I found that it really helps to have a schedule, a structure. The constant "every four days" routine gives me something to work towards. Ah well, the Bavarian control freak and order fanatic again... (Not Prussian! But we are almost as bad.)

    Anyway, I hope the new posting schedule works for you. Even at the reduced rate, you're going to be more prolific than many other kinky bloggers out there.

    The picture is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:21 AM

    Twice a week a good number. If an extra thought comes to mind, and you have the time... than it's a nice bonus. If not, no biggie and no guilt.

    :)
    Todd & Suzy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails