my first try at spanking art
I'm in the middle of moving house at the moment, so apologies if my posting schedule is interrupted in the next week or so. I'm still planning to organise something exciting for my blogiversary, and will hopefully get the chance to post about that soon :)
I've mentioned here or there that I'm a fine artist and webdesigner in my vanilla life. I'm not completely out, which is why I've never posted any of my art here; my two selves need to remain separate. My art, too, is pretty vanilla: queer in places, but kink isn't one of the subjects I address. You could say that I don't need to create paintings to express my kinky side, because that urge is satisfied in making spanking films and writing this blog. But people have always asked me whether I do spanking art, and suggested that it would be the perfect integration of my two selves. The answer has always been no - but maybe I might in the future. To be honest, with no strong personal need to explore this side of myself through my art, the only reason to create fetish paintings is commercial, and I'm not particularly keen on that as an artistic motivation.
But a couple of months ago, a friend asked me if I could do some spanking drawings for him, and after sitting on the idea for just long enough that he thought I'd lost interest, I finally sat down and had a go a couple of weeks ago. I've never done anything like this before - line art isn't my usual style, and spanking isn't my usual subject matter. So these are very much a beginner's attempt. It was surprisingly satisfying, though. I might do more of these.


The spankee is loosely based on me, which isn't ego, just my inability to draw figures and having seen more photos of myself being spanked than any other model! These are obviously only sketches, but if I did more I'd probably try to work them up to greater levels of detail. And perhaps add colour, but I'm not sure about that one - what do you think? I'm also considering ditching the ink pen and doing a couple in my usual medium, as oil paintings, to see if I feel more at home that way.
As these were both for a friend, the subject matter was based on his tastes and preferences. I'd quite like to do some for myself, illustrating some of my own fantasies - and I'll probably find that if I do, I'll feel less like a fish out of water. I'm glad I was asked to do these, though, or I'd never have taken the plunge, and it feels good to have finally had a go. Let me know if you have any ideas for scenarios or themes - it'll give me more motivation to repeat the experiment. And I could use the practice :)





Pandora wrote: "I might do more of these."
ReplyDeleteMight? You mean you might NOT do more of these? You mean you MIGHT stab me through the heart and leave me for vultures and death; you MIGHT have no heart yourself?
Surely you can not be so cruel to the universe that made you and loves you by not exercising those talents of which you are blessed with, imbued and loaned with during your stay in this piping world. No, I would not let your worst enemy accuse you to be such a sociopath, so I shall not allow you to call yourself such.
I like that mean little smirk on the first lady spanker. And the clutched fist of the first spankee is telling. She is in a good amount of pain, it would seem, but she is also in control enough to stay put and not resist the execution of her sorry fate. And notice the mouth: open in a scream, but is there also not a touch of savoring and wonder? A touch of the hungry nature of youth wanting to gobble up new, strong and strange sensations the young mind does not fully understand?
Clearly a little pervert enjoying her punishment at a primal level.
Love it.
PB
Wow. The second one did THINGS to me. I think, it was the contrast between the black paddle and the white skin. Aaaaaah.
ReplyDeleteI hope you'll do more. Can't imagine what an oil spanking painting might look like, but if that's what you feel like doing - hell, run with it. :)
Hello Pandora
ReplyDeleteRather than say "I prefer A to B" I would suggest emulating Bach. When he came across works that he admired, he copied them, and in many cases he made arrangements for different combinations of instruments.
Would it make sense for you to get hold of spanking drawings by artists you admire, adapting them as you choose?
Yrs in pervery, Adrian
I truly do like them! For someone who has been lurking around blogs for years and finally comments on yours, well that says something doesn't it!
ReplyDeleteI don't do much drawing myself, but I recall my brother uses those wooden dolls that you can pose, to assist in getting anatomy and positioning right. Perhaps you already use them yourself!
As for color, I admire a stunning piece of black and white art, it really highlights the artist's attention to detail.
Please keep up the great work! Draw, draw, and draw some more, it can only get better!
By the way, the spanker looks very familiar, almost "evil-step-mother-from-cinderella" kind of. Not a bad thing, just kind of funny :)
I love them! You have a nice graphic style, and good line work.
ReplyDeleteI used to try to illustrate my fantasies when I realized one might be able to draw such a thing, but was too chicken to keep after it.
PB - aww, thankyou for the encouragement :) I don't think she's enjoying the sensations, but I think she is enjoying bawling her head off and making a tremendous fuss. I'll try and do more - in my copious spare time ...
ReplyDeleteAdele - excellent! I like doing THINGS to you. :D
I don't feel like doing a spanking oil painting, but that's because I NEVER feel like doing oil paintings. That doesn't mean that it's not a good idea though, it just means I'm lazy. ;)
Adrian - Well, the friend who asked for these told me his favourite artist was Roger Benson, so I had a little look at Benson's work before doing these, although of course they're only sketches and therefore don't have the rich shading of his pieces. Also he's much better than me. In general, though, unless I'm doing an artwork specifically for someone else and they request it, I prefer to avoid being too derivative if I can help it. Looking at more spanking art is certainly a good start though! Feel free to recommend me your favourites :)
Graham - thankyou very much! That's good to hear :) I do have one of those very wooden dolls, but it's not bendy enough to do most of the things I want of it, so I've painted it in bright colours and stuck it on top of my bookcase as an ornament. I just looked through the photos on my hard drive when I got stuck with the figures until I found something that looked like I wanted.
Sean - thankyou, that's very kind! My line style is incredibly embryonic - I'm very experienced in pencil and paint, and have only very recently started inking over my pencils, after spending lots of time with friends who are inkers. These things are catching, you know.
I hope that at some point in the future you'll feel comfortable illustrating your fantasies. It's a shame to let talent go to waste, if you have it :)tr
Hi Pandora,
ReplyDeleteDon't know if you've heard of me or seen my amateur artist drawings.
But what you are currently doing is great..!!
Over the years you will improve and loose bit by bit, but the drawings are going to become better and better (I still throw about 9 in 10 away as I consider them not good enough) and you will feel so happy when one comes out "prefectly". (Like after a good real spanking).
Please keep drawing and sharing the results with us.
XXX, Funbun
Do more !!
ReplyDeleteI have all kinds of ideas for there application if you want some commissions :)
See you soon!
Olivia
x
Excellent! More please!
ReplyDeleteAwesome! Great Job.
ReplyDeleteAll that stuff.
Signed
Spankoguy
I like the girl in the corner in the second one. It adds a touch of realism. But there's no need to add colour. The black and white evokes a dream-like state of fantasy.
ReplyDelete